CherryPizza's humble PVC guide

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Hey all,

For the last year (as various posts to this forum have indicated), I've set about collecting the Schleich Muppet Show and Muppet Babies PVCs in all their forms (standard figures, paint variants, bootlegs, mounted figures, and so the list continues).

While the collection is still far from complete, I've finally decided I should have enough pride/confidence to unleash my findings to the world. Everything I've found (and some things I haven't) is featured on my Schleich blog.

Check it out. Hope you enjoy it.

Hubert

Reaction score
Woah...this is such an awesome thing you're doing...thanks for sharing.

CherryPizza

Reaction score

Just a word of warning to anyone looking at expanding their collections of this, or any other, line. That special elusive, sought after piece will often be found in a seller's bulk lot, and you'll get more than your share of extras.

Have a look at my box of doubles and consider it Exhibit A:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey cherry pizza

What an amazing blog. Thanks for sharing. I never knew there was so much detail and info about these figures. I've owned the set a very long time and would not part with them. I love the unpainted versions as you can really see the detail without the bad paint job detracting from it.

Good work

Chris UK

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Would you ever consider selling/trading some of them? And if so, what would your prices be? On ebay I've seen one for 40 bucks. Thats a little too much for me. :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Cherry, have you heard of metal versions of these figures?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Hey cherry pizza
I love the unpainted versions as you can really see the detail without the bad paint job detracting from it.
Chris UK
Yeah. There are some things you just can't appreciate until you realise the details are made by shape and sculpting than by the paint.

In its own way the dodgy paint adds character, giving the items their 'retro' look, but...

Would you ever consider selling/trading some of them? And if so, what would your prices be?
If you're talking about the doubles, yes.

Not sure about the prices. After the labour of love that was scouring retailers for the collection, I probably wouldn't notice the few dollars that selling a figure would bring. Maybe the best first step is to let people make offers.

Cherry, have you heard of metal versions of these figures?
I have not. Do you know something I don't?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Seriously, mods. Quit with the power tripping. There was no need to combine my three posts into one entry just because you can.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

For those who may be interested, I've started listing my excess Schleich items (i.e. doubles) on eBay. There are some of the interesting variants (items on sockels, bootlegs, unpainted, rarer paint variants, etc) available.

Check out my listings here. For some reason I can't quite work out, only the Australian shipping price is displaying on the listings, but that is easily solved by using the 'change country' drop-down box under the 'Postage and payments' tab.

I realise that this is a notorious salesman line, but if you aren't in Australia, it would geuinely be in your best interests to buy multiple items to make the shipping cost worthwhile. I do have many more than what I've listed, but I've reached my quota of free listings for the month.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any queries.