Oktoberfest at Delaware Saengerbund

Hayley B

Reaction score
Hi,

It was this time of year that Delaware Saengerbund has there 2012 Oktoberfest. I love to attend it and then do a little report about it. I also like to attend there Christmas Festival too. The Christmas Festival will come around November 10th,2012. I also like to do this because I like to try to show that there is a tad bit of fun in the State of Delaware.

So, I hope that you will enjoy my photos and videos of 2012's Oktoberfest at Delaware Saengerbund.

This year I went to Oktoberfest on 9/23/12.

At first me & mother went to go enjoy some of the rides. We only went on the Himalaya and The Hustler. Then went to go eat.

I had the usually Weisswurst, German Potato Salad, & Sauerkraut.

I had my favorite Black Forrest Cake. One guy actually wanted to steal it away from me this year.

My mother had a German Chocolate Cake. We wind up sitting next to a german exchanged student and she told us that is not how they make a German Chocolate Cake. They don't put coconut on it.

Of course my only beer/beir.

Hayley B

Reaction score

The Prices of the food, desserts, & beir/beer.

Some of the german dresses. (The purple one I thought was pretty and I just had to show it)

Of them cooking the food.

Showing the German Flags.

Hayley B

Reaction score

The German Flag Shed.

Some random German Dancing.

For the next thing I'm about to show. I think I'm going to have to be ready for some Miss Piggy loving bash (get ready to :mad: )

Hayley B

Reaction score

Lastly, me and mother bought some Pig Roast to my father and brothers. One of these years I'm going to try it.

Now I would like to show you some YouTube Videos I made. They are videos of some of the rides, german dancing, & catching someone singing Edelweiss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frjZ71NS85M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGT0B3TlYMU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3kvdgYNwDU

I want to thank you for stopping by and taking some interest in seeing Delaware Saengerbund's 2012 Oktoberfest.

-Hayley B.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Looks like you had a great time :big_grin:

Black Forest cake, yummy! I had one for my birthday back in June :smile:
The dresses look very Bavarian. I've never seen anyone in real life wearing these.

But I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :smile:

Hayley B

Reaction score
Yuna: Thank you very much. Me and my mom did have alot of fun. We look forward to it every year. I'm so missing the rides right now. I can't goto Disneyland or Disney World right now. So, that is my alt..

I usually go to this exact Oktoberfest every year, but I missed it this year. Thanks for posting pics!
Wow, I've never met anyone online that says they goto this too. That's really cool. This is my 4th time attending. But 3rd time showing it online. Do you or did you attend the Christmas Festival as well?

Teheheman

Reaction score
That's awesome, the one down here, which was this past weekend, is billed as the biggest American Oktoberfest and the 2nd biggest in the world after the one in Munich(That's what I'm told anyways) they even have the worlds biggest Chicken Dance every year. I've never been down there but it looks like it would be fun to do that at LEAST once. Looks like you had a good time there.

Daniel