Sort of Tiny Toons Season 2 coming to DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Except it's missing an episode

Now, I find this just obstinate. The episode was banned because it was sarcastic and it would suppoedly harm kids... but who the heck are they fooling? There is no one under the age of 25 that would buy this DVD collection. I'm sure they can manage the parody of uber heavy handedness... no one complained when Babs sang "Me so Bunny."

But it's better than nothing. Betchya there's no special features, though.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Went to look it up. I remember getting volume 1 & 2. There saying on Wikipedia that there will be a volume 3 in early 2013. (for the U.S.)

There was a banned episode. I think in either season 3 or 4. Where the characters drank beer and was trying to show kids how bad it is to drink it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There saying on Wikipedia that there will be a volume 3 in early 2013. (for the U.S.)
I posted the official statement from TV shows on DVD. It even says that particular episode that was banned will not be on the set. Hopefully there will be a LOT of angry letters so we can get the episode back. It's hardly a great episode, and the parody of heavy handedness is so subtle that it almost looks played for straight, and it's a lot less flamboyant than certain episode of Captain Planet. The tongue is clearly in cheek with the melodrama in One Beer, but you kinda have to know they were being sarcastic to find any entertainment value in it.

But then again, we're losing the episode "Why Can't Dizzy Read?" which means we'll miss Babs Bunny's random Bill Cosby impersonation.

Personally, I'd rather they left out Playtime Toons. That was a very juvenile and almost diabetic episode. Mainly because Danny Cooksey apparently hated always playing a bad guy, so they wrote 2 episodes where he wasn't. One good (My Date with Elmyra), and this meh one. But it is fun to point out all the background references to TMNT toys...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't believe that they're that great, especially with companies like Shout and even to some extent Mill Creek, but the fact they actually listened to the fans for a change makes them all right, I guess. Better than Disney's only 2 seasons of The Tick with episodes missing and syndication cuts.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But then again, we're losing the episode "Why Can't Dizzy Read?" which means we'll miss Babs Bunny's random Bill Cosby impersonation.
I remember that episode (assuming it's the one where Dizzy prefers to watch TV instead of read), but don't remember the banned episode (which we now know is included). Was it by chance included on The Plucky Duck Show (I doubt it, sinc eit's not about Plucky)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember that episode (assuming it's the one where Dizzy prefers to watch TV instead of read), but don't remember the banned episode (which we now know is included). Was it by chance included on The Plucky Duck Show (I doubt it, sinc eit's not about Plucky)?
The entire episode is banned. If you're talking about One Beer, it's always somewhere on Youtube if you can't wait.

Cracked actually mentioned it in this article

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The entire episode is banned. If you're talking about One Beer, it's always somewhere on Youtube if you can't wait.

Cracked actually mentioned it in this article
I was referring to "Why Dizzy Can't Read". Assuming the whole episode was banned after only one airing, I find it odd that I remember the Dizzy one but not the beer one.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I was referring to "Why Dizzy Can't Read". Assuming the whole episode was banned after only one airing, I find it odd that I remember the Dizzy one but not the beer one.
Actually, the episode was played at least twice. See that Teletoon logo on the bottom.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Actually, the episode was played at least twice. See that Teletoon logo on the bottom.
Now that you mention that FrackleFan2012, I did recognize that logo at the bottom of the screen. Also, Bug Bunny's voice I believe was taken over by Joe Alaskey right after Mel Blanc was gone. Thank you for posting!