The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Hubert

Reaction score
So I go to the store to buy my aunt a birthday gift, and bought her some ceramic bird (about my only choice, as everything else seemed to be a Christmas decoration, but that's besides the point). I take it up to the checkout counter, and upon seeing the bird, the clerk goes into having a random discussion about how her son has a bird feeder and buys bird feed, and he tried buying the non-usual bird seed that was a dollar cheaper, but the birds didn't eat it, so now he buys the brand that is a dollar more just so that the birds will eat it. And how she is mad because she thinks that he should just by the cheap brand, and if the birds don't like it, that's too bad for them. I think she was trying to get moral support or something, as she kept asking me whether I agree with her.

It was the weirdest thing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I go to the store to buy my aunt a birthday gift, and bought her some ceramic bird (about my only choice, as everything else seemed to be a Christmas decoration, but that's besides the point). I take it up to the checkout counter, and upon seeing the bird, the clerk goes into having a random discussion about how her son has a bird feeder and buys bird feed, and he tried buying the non-usual bird seed that was a dollar cheaper, but the birds didn't eat it, so now he buys the brand that is a dollar more just so that the birds will eat it. And how she is mad because she thinks that he should just by the cheap brand, and if the birds don't like it, that's too bad for them. I think she was trying to get moral support or something, as she kept asking me whether I agree with her.

Well it's kind of like there's a specific brand of bunny food that Tommie liked, HOWEVER, she WOULD NOT eat it if it came from a pre-packaged bag, she would only eat it if it came from the dispenser at the pet store... and it was the EXACT SAME FOOD!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score

Now you know what I go through. Lol

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score

Well that's better then hearing the cashier talk about her boyfriend problems.

Hubert

Reaction score
Well it's kind of like there's a specific brand of bunny food that Tommie liked, HOWEVER, she WOULD NOT eat it if it came from a pre-packaged bag, she would only eat it if it came from the dispenser at the pet store... and it was the EXACT SAME FOOD!

Um...the point was kinda the fact that she was talking to me about bird food problems, not the problems themselves...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Omg! Why did I quote those twice?? I must've been half asleep. Sorry! Didn't mean to do that. ><

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Um...the point was kinda the fact that she was talking to me about bird food problems, not the problems themselves...
Well, I mean, you mentioned she said he bought the cheaper bird food that the birds weren't eating, so he started buying the brand-name stuff again and the birds were actually eating it... :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was at the store today, and as I got out of the car and looked down, I saw what looked like a fifty dollar bill... then I went to pick it up and I saw it wasn't even any kind of dollar bill, it was a single brochure for TitleMax that had a replication of the fifty dollar bill printed on the back (as the advertising was get $50 free when you borrow $1,000 or more).