Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Hayley B

Reaction score
And I still haven't gotten past how creepy the new turtles look. There's just something unsettling about their facial movements for some reason, lol.
Yeah, when I see this commercial for it, I keep having a feeling I won't stand this version too well. Looks so Looney Tunish.

Though the new comic series has an interesting twist. Raphael was lost when they were mutating.
That does sound interesting.

I hope they don't go with that they were aliens idea. :mad:

Thinking of Spider-Man that is a interesting point too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I guess that's true. Though even some Spiderman fans complained about yet another version of the origin story being put on film. I mean move on already! Lol
There's an unwritten rule that every superhero movie franchise has to start with the origin. That's kinda why Green Lantern was a busy movie. That huge, humongous info dump AND the required mucking about with newly discovered super powers. Batman, in every movie incarnation, was lucky enough to drop us right in the middle of the action, and showing/mentioning his parents getting shot in flashback.

But I'll take seeing the same Spidey origin story over the what could have been... and I shudder at the thought of Spider-Man 4: the Quest for Piece.

AS for the turtles, we always saw their origin, mostly in flashback form (as it was told in flashback form to begin with), and the story always has something consistently similar (though the new comic series is the most drastic of changes, but it's still got the weirder threads in common). And we've seen it in the comic, first cartoon series, first and second movie, live action series (I swear it was, I try to block that one out), mentioned in the crappy musical stage show (in the one good song), second cartoon series, mentioned in passing in the 2k7 movie, the IDW comic (which was a different origin completely), and you know it's going to be in the new series. They kind of have to retell the origins for those just getting in. It's tedious for those who have seen it before, though... but that can't be helped.

And I really don't think Raph's going to blow his top and meet Casey Jones in this one... but they had BETTER introduce Casey down the line.

Hayley B

Reaction score
*thinking 1987 cartoon*

I remember my first favorite was Michelangelo. I loved it that he was the "Party Dude". But then I ended up loving Raphael more and he became my most favorite with his wisecracks. With then and now, Michelangelo being my close 2nd.

*thinking current now*

Raphael is still my favorite. In my view, he is the most typical New Yorker out of all of them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember my first favorite was Michelangelo. I loved it that he was the "Party Dude". But then I ended up loving Raphael more and he became my most favorite with his wisecracks. With then and now, Michelangelo being my close 2nd.

*thinking current now*

Raphael is still my favorite. In my view, he is the most typical New Yorker out of all of them.
Michaelangelo was my favorite as a kid too. I had such a crush on him, lol. Nowadays I think my favorite is Donatello, I just love how he's sort of separate from the others because of his talents. And actually he has a bit of the wry, sarcastic New Yorker in him in the '87 cartoon as well, lol. I actually liked that about the '87 show, Raphael and Donatello were the dry humor and Michaelangelo and Leonardo were more outgoing and cheerful. It made them seem more like brothers with similarities and differences.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But then I ended up loving Raphael more and he became my most favorite with his wisecracks.
Yeah nowadays '87 Raphael is definitely up there for me as well. Obviously he has some of the best lines in every episode, and we know so little about him and why he's so freakin sarcastic, lol. I'd like to think it's because he thinks he doesn't have the talents the others have so the only way to get attention is through humor.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Yeah nowadays '87 Raphael is definitely up there for me as well. Obviously he has some of the best lines in every episode, and we know so little about him and why he's so freakin sarcastic, lol. I'd like to think it's because he thinks he doesn't have the talents the others have so the only way to get attention is through humor.
That's is a good point to why he did that.

I'm trying to remember what my brothers liked. I think one liked Donatello. The other might liked Leo, but might had like Raph too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw the first episode, and I have to say, pretty good so far. This is certainly lighter than 2k3. I can't really comment on young April, since all she did was get kidnapped. I'm really liking Rob Paulsen as Donatello... Mikey acts and sounds like Beast Boy. The show has a Teen Titans vibe to it.

They're going with the Splinter was Hamato Yoshi story, but the origin's a little different. He bought the turtles, and the (I'm guessing) Utroms were the ones that dropped the mutagen on them when they got into a scuffle with Yoshi.

There's a strange reference to Filmation's Star Trek cartoon in there. And Mikey's the first to see the Utroms and trying to tell the guys about the weird brain creature when they refuse to believe him... I guess that's a reference to Mikey being the first of them to discover Krang in the old series.

It's good so far, but I have to watch more episodes to go on. But the theme song is much better than last time.

Hayley B

Reaction score
As for theme songs. I like 1987's & 2003's the best. This one is just ok.

Apirl just seems to get younger and younger in theses versions. I wonder what Casey Jones is going to look like?

I kept thinking that the guy that did Raphael's voice in the 1987 is doing Donatello's voice now.

Still don't care for the animation. Raphael got a cracked front while Donatello has a gap in his teeth.

Though I did like some of the jokes.