Cartoon Network Just Scored Some Major Awesome Points

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Wow. Ok. I was watching CN, and an awesome commercial came up. Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Foster's Home, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, My Gym Partner's A Monkey, Chowder, Ed, Edd, and Eddy.... and so much more were in it. Then I found out that they are actually playing reruns of all these shows! (And they're not even showing their crappy Dude, What Would Happen type shows) I can't wait to watch more CN! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gym Partner should have been buried when it was canceled. It's the single worst cartoon CN ever made, and I'm unapologetic about that. It's 30 minutes of Monkey Butt jokes, flat cliches, and stylistically it's nothing to write home about. That line up of that, Camp Lazlo (completely disappointing considering the creator, but sort of enjoyable), Squirrel Boy (never saw it, nor has anyone ever spoken of it) killed the network, especially after the *&^% Mooninite fiasco. Flapjack and Chowder were to save the network, and almost did if they didn't screw everything up with reruns.

But, yeah... CN should rerun the older shows during the day, or find a way to put them online, or at least release the rest of the popular ones on DVD. Though, you just know that when they rerun them, they'll only rerun half the episodes and they'll be censored for some reason Nickelodeon....

Lola p

Reaction score
I did really like Chowder... but... Flapjack... I don't know... It just, Kind of freaked me out....

**shivers**

And I kind of find some of the censorship they do on some shows to be stupid.

**Cough cough... NARUTO**
And don't get me started on Censorship on Shows meant for older audiences...

*Cough, SOUTH PARK*

This is part of the reason I LOVED Toonami When I was little (Well, Up until the NEW TOM 4... *shivers* )

They could show shows like Gundam, Sailor Moon, Etc. During the Midnight runs and not be censored....

Not saying they are Shows that are bad for kids, but they had *Gasp* Cuss words! And Violence! Oh my!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've watched this video and it's totally awesome!!!

There was just a lot of characters but it's a really long list!!
Why did the Foster's and Adventure Time characters get so much more screen time than all the others?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Adventure Time's the most popular show at the moment (I love it).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno what video you guys are talking about, but the reason for all the vintage shows/episodes yesterday was cause CN was celebrating their 20th birthday.

Trust me Drtooth, you're better off for not having watched Squirrel Boy. Gym Partner was meh even it bacame a bread-and-butter show for the network. Camp Lazlo was actually good. *Shrugs and leaves thread.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Well, I guess the reason I liked Gym Partner was because I was 5, and 5 year old like butt jokes. I agree with some of you guys, Flapjack was plain creepy. I did love Chowder, though! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Trust me Drtooth, you're better off for not having watched Squirrel Boy. Gym Partner was meh even it bacame a bread-and-butter show for the network. Camp Lazlo was actually good. *Shrugs and leaves thread.
I sort of like Camp Lazlo. I've sit through it willingly numerous times. If you don't realize this is the same creator of Rocko's Modern Life, you're fine. But if you go into the show thinking "this is from the same crazy guy that gave us one of the wackiest, greatest, and kinda underratedest cartoons of all time," and expect the same thing or better, it is a little bit of a disappointment. They got back most of the voice actors from the Rocko days (Charlie Adler is unfortunately absent), too bad he didn't get back any of the writers.

I assume the same sort of discrepancy exists if I were to compare Duckman to Squirrel Boy (Everett Peck).