Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think there's a glitch of some sort: The songs from "Elmo Says BOO!" have their album artwork on the radio page on the site, but aren't showing up on the forum.
I've seen the Elmo Says Boo album art on the forum. If you see a problem though, please take a screen grab of the radio banner and e-mail it to me.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I just saw this album come up on my iPhone on the Live 365 app, when playing some song about Uncle Matt (Around The World, maybe?):
http://www.amazon.com/Fraggle-Rock/dp/B004H6UJN6/ref=sr_1_31?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1349450978&sr=1-31&keywords=fraggle rock.

Does anybody know what the deal with this is and how it could be called that? I just quickly pressed Play to see if it had anything to do with the show, but it just sounded like some DJ/techno thing. Over 7 minutes long, too. I just find it so odd what comes up for the art, sometimes, especially as there is genuine Fraggle stuff, and even specific albums that match the titles for other stuff that comes up, but I still see random art.

On a side note, just wondering where MCR gets some of its good quality versions of certain songs? I am trying to amass songs from at least the major Muppet productions, ripping from my DVDs using a program, but it's not optimal, still, and I got Sweet Vacation and Chatanooga Choo-Choo from The Jim Henson Hour on YouTube, but the quality is crummy. Even this FR song I heard, today, seemed cool, and I'd like to own a copy, but it mentioned being from a UK soundtrack. Wondering how a clean digital copy was acquired. Thanks for any help/tips/advice.

-Zach

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've seen the Elmo Says Boo album art on the forum. If you see a problem though, please take a screen grab of the radio banner and e-mail it to me.
Here's what I saw yesterday - "Elmo's Says BOO!" was playing. The artwork appeared on the radio page like so:

And here's what was on the side of the forum:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Shane, that helps. This has been corrected. Elmo Says Boo will now be displayed on the forum home page.

By the way, what I was referring was the MC Radio banner that displays before or after posts. The art was displayed there correctly. The forum home pulls a larger image so that's why one worked and the other didn't.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just saw this album come up on my iPhone on the Live 365 app, when playing some song about Uncle Matt (Around The World, maybe?):
http://www.amazon.com/Fraggle-Rock/dp/B004H6UJN6/ref=sr_1_31?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1349450978&sr=1-31&keywords=fraggle rock.

Does anybody know what the deal with this is and how it could be called that? I just quickly pressed Play to see if it had anything to do with the show, but it just sounded like some DJ/techno thing. Over 7 minutes long, too. I just find it so odd what comes up for the art, sometimes, especially as there is genuine Fraggle stuff, and even specific albums that match the titles for other stuff that comes up, but I still see random art.
I'm pretty sure that Live365 tries to connect each song to Amazon somehow and if the song isn't there, it finds the closest thing in title or album.

On a side note, just wondering where MCR gets some of its good quality versions of certain songs? I am trying to amass songs from at least the major Muppet productions, ripping from my DVDs using a program, but it's not optimal, still, and I got Sweet Vacation and Chatanooga Choo-Choo from The Jim Henson Hour on YouTube, but the quality is crummy. Even this FR song I heard, today, seemed cool, and I'd like to own a copy, but it mentioned being from a UK soundtrack. Wondering how a clean digital copy was acquired. Thanks for any help/tips/advice.
And the songs sound so good because Phillip gets the material in the highest quality available, then edits them to make them sound clean (removing hissing and such). The end result does sound incredible.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Should "Dust In The Wind" be called "Beaker's Ballad" instead?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is something wrong with the RadioTerra link? Just went there and clicked on it, and I'm not getting a signal/playlist at all. :frown:

Vincent L

Reaction score
I'm quite sure The Muppet Show album doesn't have "Ripe This".
Not sure if it's a album display error or title error, 'cause I'm not listening.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm quite sure The Muppet Show album doesn't have "Ripe This".
Not sure if it's a album display error or title error, 'cause I'm not listening.
I'm pretty sure it's one of the bits inbetween songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.