Character Questions

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to thinking about different characters who survived over the years, but those who weren't quite as lucky, and it's gotten me curious as to what the circumstances were that some characters didn't survive as the others did.

For example: Muppets Tonight! introduced a number of new characters including Pepe the King Prawn, Seymour, Bobo the Bear, Johnny Fiama, and Sal Manilla; almost all of those new characters ended up becoming part of the Classic Muppet family except Seymour... granted, I don't remember much about Seymour, but if all the others ended up becoming regular parts of the Classic Muppet family, why was he excluded?

Another interesting note was that, for some reason, Polly Lobster and Clueless Morgan from MTI were also featured on MT quite a bit, yet Mad Monty was nowhere to be seen. Why exactly were Polly and Clueless included on MT? It's been so long since I saw the show, I don't remember a whole lot about it, so I don't really remember what purpose they really served, I just remember they were there. And if they were going to be included, why not Mad Monty as well?

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Was Mad Monty a part of The Wicked Witch of The West's (Miss Piggy) biker gang in Muppets Wizard of Oz? I thought he was....

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Mad Monty wasn't in MWoO.

As for his absense in MT, I vaguely remember Jerry once mentioning he wasn't a big fan of the character. Not sure why Polly and Clueless were there, though. Maybe in an attempt to flesh out the characters?

Seymour's departure was due to Brian and the others thinking he wasn't as funny as Pepe.

I kind of wish they'd all come back, though. Even if they're just in the background.