Chris Cerf's 'Fall Out Filly' song for a Harvard Lampoon Album

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this album ever made it to CD or mp3?
It's called "the harvard lampoon tabernacle choir sings at leningrad stadium"
The only release I know of on CD is a CD box set called "Atomic Platters" and it's super expensive.

I really love this song he did "My Fallout Filly", it's satirically historical and very hip too. One of the best songs I've ever heard him do.
You all got to hear this. :smile:

Here's the link to the lyrics
http://www.atomicplatters.com/more.php?id=109_0_1_0_M

I was just reading this review he got on his sound and boy oh boy, this critic is just over the top harsh to Chris Cerf. If this critic had a website, I'd sure love to send him an angry email.
http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1962/3/23/close-harmony-few-notes-pbib-recently/

Personally I think Christopher Cerf is the greatest singer ever. His vocals are perfect! His music has such great melody. My kind of music.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
This song is great! I didn't know Chris Cerf had written songs and recorded them way back in the '60s. This is a cool find! Any idea if it's on iTunes? I want to add that to my song collection.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Any idea if it's on iTunes? I want to add that to my song collection.
The only one that's available is The Penguin. Only 99 cents :smile: The other ones like this or "Watch Your Step" isn't available yet.

It's a great find, I remember discovering "Sweet Sweet Music" and suddenly these other songs floated around YouTube recently :smile:

I even emailed Chris on his company website "the company that produced Between The Lions", never got a response but I hope he read it. I told him that I'm a big fan of his Sesame work as well as his singing work and his book "Politically Correct Dictionary (I strongly recommend it, AWESOME BOOK lol)" and I asked him if he could put the songs on iTunes, but I think some of them are owned by National Lampoon's orgin "Harvard Lampoon, at Harvard University". I heard he did some stuff for National Lampoon. :smile: I also heard he did something with Saturday Night Live not I'm not sure if he written sketches or performed or written songs? I'd love to see some more of his work. He written a bunch of political satirical books and had appeared quite a bit on television. There was even a point where he found out that pirated sesame music was being used in the middle east for music tourcher, And I think Chris and Joan Cooney written new music or licensed some Sesame music for the childen over in those countries, not sure if it's for one of the middle eastern Sesame Streets over there.

Anyway from my knowledge, those are the only singles I know of so far but there might be more. :smile: I think there was more songs on the album where Penguin was on but it's not released on CD or mp3 from my knowledge.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only one that's available is The Penguin. Only 99 cents :smile: The other ones like this or "Watch Your Step" isn't available yet.

It's a great find, I remember discovering "Sweet Sweet Music" and suddenly these other songs floated around YouTube recently :smile:
We'd love to have any of those songs for Muppet Central Radio if you have them. We can send some music your way in return as well. Please start a private conversation or e-mail me if you can help us out.

tincan

Reaction score
We'd love to have any of those songs for Muppet Central Radio if you have them. We can send some music your way in return as well. Please start a private conversation or e-mail me if you can help us out.
I happen to have the 1962 Vanitas album "The Harvard Lampoon Tabernacle Choir Sings At Leningrad Stadium" and I'd be happy to send you the contents in .mp3 form.
Just give me an email to send it to.
Greetings from France.
Mario Cantinelli Harvard '64