Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

Walter

Reaction score
Yeah, why can't they do enough research to tell the difference between a Sesame character and a Muppet...

Anyways, I made a thread about the ad thing, but deleted it seeing as it's old news now. Am I the only one who thought it looked like a parody of a real ad? Seriously, let's leave Big Bird out of politics.:wisdom:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Their claim is that Sesame Street has been trying to indoctrinate this nation's children into a liberal agenda. I don't understand what how letters, numbers, sharing, healthy eating, multi-ethnic cast members, guest stars of all backgrounds, First Ladies of both parties constitutes indoctrination
People don't realize that the hype is never as serious as the reality. People panic about Sesame Street being all liberal, but their "indoctrination" is never that severe. Like how people say Fox News is totally bias. Well obviously it's right leaning, but people don't realize that they have Democrat guests on all the time (a lot more often than MSNBC has Republicans frankly).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, Fox News has been crapping on the Muppets again. Sigh. I know there are a lot of conservatives on this forum and I can respectfully disagree with you on your politics, but I can't see anyone being a fan of Fox News network with their history of abusing the Muppets and Sesame Street.

Their claim is that Sesame Street has been trying to indoctrinate this nation's children into a liberal agenda. I don't understand what how letters, numbers, sharing, healthy eating, multi-ethnic cast members, guest stars of all backgrounds, First Ladies of both parties constitutes indoctrination or why they keep showing promotional material from last year's Disney-owned Muppets movie. All I know is that once again they are loose on the fact for the sake of ratings and that Brian Kilmeade shared some dismissive hostility toward Cookie Monster when they appeared a few weeks ago. CNN and MSNBC understand the legacy of Sesame Street and know that it's an honor to have them drop by. Maybe Fox should reassess their own elitist behavior before inditing the "media elite" again. /soapbox

Even though the news division separates itself from the entertainment division, t's amusing that the new Sesame Street movie is being released through 20th Century Fox.
Well, just for the record, those clips were from late 2011, so it's not like they're doing it recently.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
People don't realize that the hype is never as serious as the reality. People panic about Sesame Street being all liberal, but their "indoctrination" is never that severe. Like how people say Fox News is totally bias. Well obviously it's right leaning, but people don't realize that they have Democrat guests on all the time (a lot more often than MSNBC has Republicans frankly).
I no longer defend MSNBC since they have become progressively worse in the area of partisan politics. It's obvious they're using the tactics of Fox as a roadmap to success by some sort of reverse-engineering. That said, I don't think your claim about guests is true. They're both about the same now. Even when Fox has Democrats, they're used as strawmen who sit there and absorb the program hosts' vitriol without being given an adequate chance to respond. MSNBC isn't as bad, but they're really not that much better either. I just object to the idea that Fox has a moral leg-up in any area of production. Well, their graphics are shiny and their women are blonder.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Fox News has been crapping on the Muppets again. Sigh. I know there are a lot of conservatives on this forum and I can respectfully disagree with you on your politics, but I can't see anyone being a fan of Fox News network with their history of abusing the Muppets and Sesame Street.
Fox hates anyone that isn't kissing their butts and agreeing to their far far far right extremist P.O.V. Everything that's for kids is some evil brainwashing conspiracy, even when they don't even bother doing the research. Like when they whined about how The Secret of Arriety is anti-1% when, let's face it, the fact the Borrowers work their own way and refuse any handouts sounds pretty Libertarian to me. I still can't believe anyone can defend them for not lying and making crap up if they refuse to even sit through a 90 minute movie before they can make tin foil hat conspiracy theories about. If they can't even be straight with a movie, how does that look when they're "reporting" "news"?

Maybe Fox should reassess their own elitist behavior before inditing the "media elite" again. /soapbox
I love the whole "liberal elitist" crap when the highest of the elite are the Neo-Cons. But I do agree... we need some sort of Patriotic, American alternative to Sesame Street... Aunty Ayn's Social Darwinism Playhouse. Today, we're going to laugh our butts off at a family that's hit hard times, and tell them to pick themselves up by the bootstraps while no one questions how we were lucky to be born into wealth.

Seriously... how come that's the party that claims Christianity when their main ideals are so far from what Christ actually said?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I was never a fan of Fox News anyways so that just makes me wanna blow fire their way even more. And this whole thing has just gotten way out of hand. I can understand Sesame getting tired of it cause I know I am. Can't wait till this whole election is OVER!!! Oh and here's a newsflash I don't defend any news outlets. And to both parties your both oh so classy! NOT!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cuz they're both the same, right? One party's defending the Muppets, the other's attacking them with every kookoo conspiracy theory in the books. So yeah... exactly the same.

I never tire of that. EVER.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yep pretty much they are both the same in my eyes. And this doesn't even have anything to do with the Muppets. Both sides are ALWAYS attacking each other. So what else is FREAKING new? And while I commend the one side for defending the Muppets it's also clear Sesame just wants to be left out of this whole thing!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I won't take sides in the "who's to blame" or "who to elect" debates, since choosing a side in American politics is like answering "Which lung would you rather get cancer in--your left or your right?" Still, it would be awesome to see the old "Big Bird for President" episode re-released around Election Day!
If I could like your statement more then once I so would!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!