Studio DC Almost Live DVD

beaker

Reaction score
yea but it was the muppets
Oh I know, and I do feel the more muppet dvds available the better. If Studio DC gets more kids reintroduced to the Muppets thats a good thing. I just remember seeing both these specials and having a hard time enjoying them. I think it's just the writing and editing style employed with the production, or just the whole vibe of these Disney tween stars

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the specials served the purpose of trying to get Disney Tweenybopper fans exposure to the Muppets. It's basically an experiment that was mildly successful if anything... though it basically just got kids who watched those shows to say "YAY! More of the same with stuff we can ignore." Some of them braindead tweenyboppers complaining that a puppet is hitting on some celebrity they'd never EVER get a chance with.

If these are released on DVD, the more the merrier, I suppose, but this was a phase of Disney I think we should just let completely pass. The whole 2004-2007 tween focus... they've thankfully came a LONG way and gave us some much better stuff since. And again, I'm sure we'd MUCH rather Seasons 4 and 5, Muppets Tonight, the TV specials, and all that long before these shows.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It's a bit too late to release these on DVD for them to sell very well. High School Musical, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place are all very old news and tweens these days have completely forgot about them. If it either special gets a commercial release (which should have happened in 2010, the Ponyo DVD has a trailer for it) it'll likely just be as a piece of the Muppet catalog that'll have more emphasis on the Muppets than the then Disney Channel stars.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh... yeah, there's always that. I mean, it shows you how disposable the tweenpop idols are. I'm sure more people care about Ashley Tinsdale as Candice in Phineas and Ferb (frankly, the best work she's ever done) than whatever she was in whatever else there was.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a bit too late to release these on DVD for them to sell very well. High School Musical, Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place are all very old news and tweens these days have completely forgot about them. If it either special gets a commercial release (which should have happened in 2010, the Ponyo DVD has a trailer for it) it'll likely just be as a piece of the Muppet catalog that'll have more emphasis on the Muppets than the then Disney Channel stars.
How ironic. I had no idea the DC stars who appear in the specials were no longer relevent, and also had no idea that people had forgotten about the DC shows they were famous for. Of course when the Studio DC specials aired I had hardly been aware of any of the Disney Channel shows besides Hannah Montannah.

Promoting the Muppets as the stars would be the rightful thing to do. Before I saw the specials I assumed they would just be variety specials featuring the Muppets, but then I saw the specials and learned that they actually are specials starring the Muppets. They appear in all the segments, the "Muppets Studio" logo appears at the end, and the Muppets are the only ones to appear in both specials.

Drtooth

Reaction score
How ironic. I had no idea the DC stars who appear in the specials were no longer relevent, and also had no idea that people had forgotten about the DC shows they were famous for. Of course when the Studio DC specials aired I had hardly been aware of any of the Disney Channel shows besides Hannah Montannah.
Not irony at all. That's the exact point of the Disney Tween pop shows. They're all interchangeable and replaceable when they fall out of relevance, break their contractual purity, or just get too old.Hanna Montana was just the one with the biggest audience/hype around it. They always made another show just as the next one started to lose its demographic as a B-plan.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Gonna be brutally honest here I could care less if this ever gets released.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not irony at all. That's the exact point of the Disney Tween pop shows. They're all interchangeable and replaceable when they fall out of relevance, break their contractual purity, or just get too old.Hanna Montana was just the one with the biggest audience/hype around it. They always made another show just as the next one started to lose its demographic as a B-plan.
The irony I was referring to is the fact that when the specials were made, the Disney Channel stars were more current than the Muppets and likely were promoted as the reason for its target audience to watch (I don't actually remember seeing any of the commercials, so I could be wrong), while if it were released on DVD now the Muppets would have to be the main selling point.