Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yesterday, I saw a review of "Muppets from Space", and the reviewer claimed that the reason Frank Oz isn't in "The Muppets" is because of the fart shoes joke. *facepalm*. First of all, Frank hasn't worked with the Muppets in like 10 years. The fact that he isn't in "The Muppets" really shouldn't be shocking. Also, when did Frank ever mention the fart shoes joke?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It was said when we first read the script that was one of the things he didn't like but then again a lot of the Muppeteers weren't thrilled with it with the "fart shoes"...still like you said he hadn't worked with the Muppets in years so it really didn't matter.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Really? I didn't know the performers weren't happy about the fart shoes line. Though I do know that they wanted much of Segel's and Stoller's original concept changed (having Walter as Segel's ventriloquist dummy, having Kermit secretly being Tex Richman, having the Muppets all be wealthy, etc.).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Like I said I had heard some of the Muppeteers weren't crazy about the "fart shoes" as they felt like Frank it was cheap humor something they said The Muppets don't stoop too. *shrugs* Apparently there was a lot that went on behind the scenes that we'll probably never know. As for Jason and Stollers script thank god that was changed.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, and thank goodness Segel, Stoller, and Bobin have nothing but respect for the performers, and actually listened to what they had to say. Otherwise, we'd probably end up with another MFS.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So has anyone else here read a comment about someone thinking Fozzie and Gonzo are related? -_-

EDIT- I do remember when they were in London promoting the film and they were on a radio show and it was sort of brought up about how the "fart shoes" was a controversial scene and how it almost didn't make it into the movie...of course Kermit didn't really elaborate on it much and joked it off.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
So has anyone else here read a comment about someone thinking Fozzie and Gonzo are related? -_-
Oh my. That's all I can say. Oh my. That, and no, I haven't heard a comment like that. Where did you hear it?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh my. That's all I can say. Oh my. That, and no, I haven't heard a comment like that. Where did you hear it?
That was on someone's blog. :/ I was gonna comment to ask why they thought that but frankly I probably don't wanna know why.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, I can understand somebody thinking Robin is Kermit's son (probably just came from someone who wasn't paying attention, or somehow got MCC mixed into the real Muppet world), but Gonzo and Fozzie being related?