Your Thoughts: Jerry Nelson Tribute at The Moving Image Museum

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals,
Glad you like the videos. I got as much as I could, but my Flip video camera can only hold an hour at a time, and I wanted to get the important one-of-a-kind moments and special appearances, so I didn't record most of the clips played. A lot of it was stuff that's available elsewhere, if not compiled together. Perhaps someone with a better memory can summarize them, each.

From what I remember, they basically represented different aspects of Jerry's life and career. Fran introduced Sesame Street clips, I think, while Dave set up Fraggle Rock. Matt introduced an all-Floyd reel, and Bonnie introduced clips of Jerry in-studio, recording his album, with a song from it playing over a montage of photographs from throughout his entire life also included. Aside from those and the two videos I did post, I can't quite recall what was shown. Oh, yes, there was one stated to be more of "from the vault" rarities, which I think Craig Shemin might have introduced, on his own, though I could be wrong. All in all, it was so wonderful, especially being surprised by just how many people were there beyond the announced three performers.

Steve Whitmire was clearly the most popular one, with a large crowd/line forming to meet him after the event ended, still in the theater. He didn't speak, however, but when pointed out in the audience by Craig, he did turn and wave to the crowd. Also there, whether they've been mentioned or not, yet, (beyond Fran, Dave, and Bill) were Louise Gold, Bonnie Erickson, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Matt Vogel, apparently Pam Arciero (as per a friend's photo posted on Facebook), Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, Karen Falk, Joseph A. Bailey, a producer whose name I'm drawing a blank on, as well as members of Jerry's family, including his wife, Jan, his brother, Martin, and his children (which I didn't realize he had, after Christine, but am glad to now know exist, as it's good to know how the legacy lives on in another way, too).

I guess that's all I can say, at the moment. I'm super-grateful to folks like Craig and Stephanie and everyone who makes things like these happen. I still hope more of the classic material finds its way out onto home video, but besides that, it's just a great experience to get out and meet these people who have so influenced and inspired us, as well as our friends and peers in the fan community. We had a nice little puppet/eer jam session afterwards in the lobby, too.

-Zach

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals,
Glad you like the videos. I got as much as I could, but my Flip video camera can only hold an hour at a time, and I wanted to get the important one-of-a-kind moments and special appearances, so I didn't record most of the clips played. A lot of it was stuff that's available elsewhere, if not compiled together. Perhaps someone with a better memory can summarize them, each.

From what I remember, they basically represented different aspects of Jerry's life and career. Fran introduced Sesame Street clips, I think, while Dave set up Fraggle Rock. Matt introduced an all-Floyd reel, and Bonnie introduced clips of Jerry in-studio, recording his album, with a song from it playing over a montage of photographs from throughout his entire life also included. Aside from those and the two videos I did post, I can't quite recall what was shown. Oh, yes, there was one stated to be more of "from the vault" rarities, which I think Craig Shemin might have introduced, on his own, though I could be wrong. All in all, it was so wonderful, especially being surprised by just how many people were there beyond the announced three performers.

Steve Whitmire was clearly the most popular one, with a large crowd/line forming to meet him after the event ended, still in the theater. He didn't speak, however, but when pointed out in the audience by Craig, he did turn and wave to the crowd. Also there, whether they've been mentioned or not, yet, (beyond Fran, Dave, and Bill) were Louise Gold, Bonnie Erickson, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Matt Vogel, apparently Pam Arciero (as per a friend's photo posted on Facebook), Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, Karen Falk, Joseph A. Bailey, a producer whose name I'm drawing a blank on, as well as members of Jerry's family, including his wife, Jan, his brother, Martin, and his children (which I didn't realize he had, after Christine, but am glad to now know exist, as it's good to know how the legacy lives on in another way, too).

I guess that's all I can say, at the moment. I'm super-grateful to folks like Craig and Stephanie and everyone who makes things like these happen. I still hope more of the classic material finds its way out onto home video, but besides that, it's just a great experience to get out and meet these people who have so influenced and inspired us, as well as our friends and peers in the fan community. We had a nice little puppet/eer jam session afterwards in the lobby, too.

-Zach
That's great!
I wonder if anyone else was filming the whole show professionally.
We're there any Count clips that were rare?

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey FrackleFan,
I think I overheard it may have been more professionally filmed, but I imagine that's more for private use than putting out to the general public. Not sure about particularly "rare" Count clips, though there was a good one with him hiring Ernie to answer his phone, with the two of them ending up struggling, as he wanted to count the rings, making it tough for Ernie to do his job. I mainly remember a few appearances from The Dick Cavett Show, including The Country Trio singing "Mama Don't Allow", and then revealing the performers done up as their puppet doppelgangers, a clip I've seen at previous events.

-Zach

Collgoff

Reaction score
I think Christine was his only chid! I didn't know he had more kids!!
You know when I first heard about Christine I thought she was.
But when I read Jerry's intervew here I was very confused about if Jerry had more then one daughter or not.

Squigiman

Reaction score
There was at least a daughter present. I forget if there was another daughter or a son, but I believe there were two offspring present, along with Jan, Jerry's wife.

-Zach

Squigiman

Reaction score
Nice pics! Are those benches in Central Park or somewhere else? Also, where was the quote from Jim from? Thanks for sharing!

-Zach

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Nice pics! Are those benches in Central Park or somewhere else? Also, where was the quote from Jim from? Thanks for sharing!

-Zach
Yes, the benches were in Central Park- along Literary Walk- definitely a great place for any Muppet fan to check out.

The quote was from Jim Henson's Doodles book that was in the gift shop of the Museum

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I like the pictures too. I really wish I could've gone though, but I don't think my family could afford to travel that far north, we live in South Carolina.