Million Puppet March for PBS November 3 in Washington

beaker

Reaction score
I think it's a nice idea. I've talked to far too many people online (not here) whining about how PBS is "wasting their tax dollars." What's tragic is these people most likely grew up on Sesame Street or their children did. I hate when people benefit from something and then just toss it aside.
Thankfully, I got even my conservative friends agreeing that war is a waste of money(they're now all Ron Paul/Gary Johnson conservatives now, they used to be total Bush folks)

I can think of a LOT of tax dollar wastes:

- bailing out wall street and evil corporations
- giving tens of billions to Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan
- spending countless dollars to blow up village after village
(and then giving no bid contracts to defense/construction)
- Washington slush funds, corporate welfare, super pacts, private jets for everyone
- Homeland Security

PBS would still do ok without federal assistance. That's why I don't worry too much when the political football of PBS defunding comes around.

beaker

Reaction score
Can I just chime in that the Right Wing political cartoons against the PBS debacle are the dumbest things I've ever seen?

Translation: WAAAAA!! Da Debt.

Man, I HATE political cartoons.
This is hilarious! I support any cartoons that (truthfully) expose Obama and Mitt as the liars they are:smile:

(Some people find it strange I dislike both parties, both candidates and find the whole thing a shameless fraud and charade. All the billions spent on campaigning could be used to actually help people)

beaker

Reaction score
I'm still shocked that there isn't a more important march against Romney. All I'm going to say. No wonder the polls show him either close or slightly ahead. I think the Dems are throwing the campaign at this point.
I actually am rooting for Obama to lose. Not that I like Romney. I am sick to my stomach for what Romney and the GOP stand for. It's a front to modern human decency. But...Im sick to freaking death of countless smug, smarmly (fake) liberals, college kids and yuppys trying to bully everyone into voting for Obama. I already don't like him (policy wise), but was thinking of voting for him just to block a Romney win. Now Im like, screw it. Im voting third party. The whole thing is rigged anyways. They'll probably electronically rig the Ohio or other state vote machines.

But yeah Obama does many of the same things as Bush, and the so called left turns the other cheek? Sick of it. Time to hold these people accountable by letting voices be heard...and no louder referendum than NOT voting for them.

Either way, no matter who wins...the debt will continue, innocent Muslims will continue to die, and America will continue to go in decline.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually am rooting for Obama to lose. Not that I like Romney. I am sick to my stomach for what Romney and the GOP stand for. It's a front to modern human decency. But...Im sick to freaking death of countless smug, smarmly (fake) liberals, college kids and yuppys trying to bully everyone into voting for Obama. I already don't like him (policy wise), but was thinking of voting for him just to block a Romney win. Now Im like, screw it. Im voting third party. The whole thing is rigged anyways. They'll probably electronically rig the Ohio or other state vote machines.
And then gays will lose their rights, women will lose their rights, and we'll fall into the same far right Dystopia we've had under Bush or WORSE.

You basically said, "I'm spiting people because they annoy me, when it's also spiting myself." Yet, I swear if Romney does something terrible, you're going to shout the loudest. I've been there. The oh so indie minded that voted Nader were the most vocal when Bush was elected. That really helped them, didn't it?

I know where you're coming from, but wanting Romney to win because college students are annoying. You do realize that he's going to appoint far right extremists to the Supreme Court, right? If nothing else, we need to keep Republicans the heck away from there or we'll slowly turn into a Christian named version of Sharia Law. Hating on the most liberal we can get for a president isn't doing anyone any favors.

beaker

Reaction score
And then gays will lose their rights, women will lose their rights, and we'll fall into the same far right Dystopia we've had under Bush or WORSE.

You basically said, "I'm spiting people because they annoy me, when it's also spiting myself." Yet, I swear if Romney does something terrible, you're going to shout the loudest. I've been there. The oh so indie minded that voted Nader were the most vocal when Bush was elected. That really helped them, didn't it?

I know where you're coming from, but wanting Romney to win because college students are annoying. You do realize that he's going to appoint far right extremists to the Supreme Court, right? If nothing else, we need to keep Republicans the heck away from there or we'll slowly turn into a Christian named version of Sharia Law. Hating on the most liberal we can get for a president isn't doing anyone any favors.

Actually, Im also rooting for Romney to win to WAKE UP the left. I could list a thousand horrible things Obama has done that the left should be shocked and angered by. Not fake tea party GOP fantasy talking points, but stuff most liberals would be crying foul over.

Oh so indie? Um no, tired of people buying into a FAKE two party system. Both Obama and Romney are puppets of the same wall street globalist corporate system yet they have everyone fooled.

Tell me, where's all the anti war liberals in the last four years? Yeah theres Occupy, but they seem muddled and often vague. The left went to sleep for four years even tho the SAME Bush policies have continued...and in some cases escalated. We're kidding ourselves if we think the powers that be wanted Mccain into office.

Real change was the workers of Wisconsin banding together to speak up in 2011. Voting for Obamney or Rombama is just buying into the status quo. And yes, I proudly voted for Ralph Nader in 2000. That election was rigged for Bush anyways, so people espousing the Nader vote was a vote for Bush are uninformed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd almost say I'm sorry for this, but I'm not.

No one gives a flying frog about what Obama does in the Middle East other than the far left who will never EVER get their say in politics!!!! Yeah, I hate that we're still in Afghanistan and we went into Pakistan, but I'll take that over homophobia, misogyny, and over all flat Earth cavemen that the arch Republicans are pushing. Oh, and here's one little difference... if the right gets back in and goes into the Middle East, we're going back to that HUAC "you're a terrorist sympathizer if you don't agree with everything we ever say" Freedom Fries crap. Yeah, we're still in the Middle East, but Obama hasn't made it the cornerstone of his campaign and he's not ruling us with fear and stupidity. Romney is so going to, let's not kid ourselves.

Also, I can't stress this enough. Romney kinda destroyed my home state. We've had right wing governors for decades (we're a "blue state?"), but NONE of them were as terrible as he. You wanna know how bad he is? I'd rather have BUSH for 4 more years than him. I already suffered under Romney, I'm warning everyone about him and how much of a fake he is, but if no one wants to listen, fine.

I totally agree... if Romney gets elected and makes a Gay Marriage banning Amendment, goes to Iran and gets the entire rest of the government and the media on his side, causes a gigantic economic cluster crap AND gets a second term, that'll learn liberals for not getting what they wanted out of Obama. After all, liberals are all about getting everything they want exactly. That's why it took well over a year and a half to get a watered down Health Care bill the right's been threatening to repeal ever since. But hey, he didn't shut down Gitmo (for various reasons beyond his control), so he's worse than Hitler ever was. Liberals should be punished further for thinking he would, right? Sound thimkinggs.

And yes, I proudly voted for Ralph Nader in 2000. That election was rigged for Bush anyways, so people espousing the Nader vote was a vote for Bush are uninformed.
Nader was part of the rig, clearly the left wing third party is this time as well, but the "proudly" voted for Nader means that I just can't take this conversation seriously anymore. Write in Pinky Pie Pony for all I care. Just don't say a word when Romney brings the country insanely far right.