Gender of Muppet frogs

What are the genders of Muppet frogs?

• Total voters

Hubert

Reaction score
I think that Frogs, like Fraggles, are non-diamorphic, so until you hear the frog's voice you can't tell. Well, unless you're another frog.

In that skit, the frogs all seemed to have male voices, so that's my vote.

If you want a real head-scratcher, try to explain the frog with ears in The Muppets at Walt Disney World!
Yes, I agree that the frogs in the skit were all male based on voice, but I was only using that pic as an example to show what I think in regards to design.

Hubert

Reaction score
That is true...or is it a stereotype? Maybe some female frogs oppose having hair? :stick_out_tongue:

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
On the other hand, I've seen male frogs with hair. And wasn't Kermit's mother bald in Kermit's Swamp Years?

Hubert

Reaction score
Some mail frogs actually have had hair, good point.

(And I just realized I accidentally typed "mail" rather than "male," but I think it's too hilarious to fix...)

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
It just hit me... Bill and Gil both have hair! Maybe it's a city vs. swamp thing. Frogs who live in the swamp are bald and don't wear clothes, but city frogs have both. Kermit and Robin, who've left the swamp, are probably still swamp frogs at heart, which is why they only wear clothes on special occasions.
Some mail frogs actually have had hair, good point.

(And I just realized I accidentally typed "mail" rather than "male," but I think it's too hilarious to fix...)
Hey, there could be mail frogs, as in frogs who deliver mail.

Hubert

Reaction score
It just hit me... Bill and Gil both have hair! Maybe it's a city vs. swamp thing. Frogs who live in the swamp are bald and don't wear clothes, but city frogs have both. Kermit and Robin, who've left the swamp, are probably still swamp frogs at heart, which is why they only wear clothes on special occasions.

Hey, there could be mail frogs, as in frogs who deliver mail.
Or maybe the swamp just happens to have scissors?