Dealing with depression and anxiety

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I had some good teachers don't get me wrong
Yeah exactly, I had a teacher in Middle School who actually voted me in as Student of the Month (the category was "Kindest," hehe) because she knew the cliques in my class were never going to vote for the outcasts so to speak. :wink:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeah exactly, I had a teacher in Middle School who actually voted me in as Student of the Month (the category was "Kindest," hehe) because she knew the cliques in my class were never going to vote for the outcasts so to speak. :wink:
This doesn't have much to do with this but this reminds me of a time I remember once when I was in 6th grade, some guy was voted student of the month by a teacher just because he was a super suck-up to the teacher. I distinctly remember during the speech when they announced him as student of the month that he "Always says 'hi' and 'goodbye'" to the teacher... and that's all that was described. :stick_out_tongue: Needless to say he was labeled a major teacher's pet by all of us after that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This doesn't have much to do with this but this reminds me of a time I remember once when I was in 6th grade, some guy was voted student of the month by a teacher just because he was a super suck-up to the teacher. I distinctly remember during the speech when they announced him as student of the month that he "Always says 'hi' and 'goodbye'" to the teacher... and that's all that was described. :stick_out_tongue: Needless to say he was labeled a major teacher's pet by all of us after that.
Lol, I totally get you. That was who usually won Student of the Month, the kids who never said or did anything meaningful and somehow that equaled being "kind." There was little thought put into it usually.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yea, I was labeled the teachers pet concerning the fact that I got treated like dirt by everyone else but the teachers.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yea, I was labeled the teachers pet concerning the fact that I got treated like dirt by everyone else but the teachers.
Yeah I used to be called a suck up in class as well. Cause I bascially followed the rules and did all my work like I was suppose to. :/

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
That was one of the things that just annoyed me about the whole bullying issue. Was that I could either follow the rules or have more friends. Then I was weird because I didn't have many friends.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
That was one of the things that just annoyed me about the whole bullying issue. Was that I could either follow the rules or have more friends. Then I was weird because I didn't have many friends.
And this is why I made most of my friends (I use that term lightly, while I talked to people more here, there are very few I'd truly consider friends) through extracurriculars, where the rules weren't so as rigid as they were in the school setting.

robodog

Reaction score
Most of my teachers weren't any better than the students. At recess I'd try to hang near the teachers to avoid the bullies, but they'd force me to leave and I'd end up getting chased or beat. My problem was I had no real refuge. At home I had to worry about the next time my father would go on a rampage and at school I got it from both the students and the teachers. I came out of the whole thing with major trust issues.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The whole world in general can just be cruel and it can be extremely difficult to have any kind of trust. But honestly for me I probably wouldn't have changed those bad experiences because they made me who I am today and even somewhat stronger and probably wouldn't have made the true friends that I have way more now then I ever did as a kid. It might sound cliche but I really feel that way.