The 2012 Presidential Election: Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama

Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well well well. Looks like Obama's the winner type guy
I got an icky not out of the Woods yet feeling. Obama has won the electoral votes, and I'd hate for Romney to have won the popular vote Gore style. We've got enough conspiracy theory wackos ruining it for everyone last time he won, we don't need them thinking the Space Commies and Unicorn Zombies from the center of the earth control the "Electrical College." Plus there's cold comfort in him winning the same way Bush did. On the other hand, Karma is a female dog.

I think Donald Trump will be all over proving Santa isn't an American citizen. There might also be some political gift giving scandals.
FREAKIN' Ronaldo Rump...

I can't wait to see him have a temper tantrum.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm so so on Obama, whom I knew would easily win. But what I'm really excited about is all the powerful, progressive women who won seats in the house and senate.

I think Romney's comments on the auto industry, the GOP's turn to the far right, and yes(the storm) had a strong effect. I think America just wants calm, thought out politics right now. They don't want people who are perceived to represent a move to the past.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Once all the ballots are accounted for, i would convulse in massive laughter if it turns out Romney ultimately ended up with 47% of the vote.

I'm sure there are milk and cookie parties aplenty on Sesame Street tonight. (I so wanted to hear "ABC-DEF-GHI" or "I Just Adore Four" as Obama's intro music!)

You see, politicians - you just don't muck with the Muppet Fan electorate. Threats on Big Bird is not a successful strategy. Now attacking Elmo on the other hand...

dwmckim

Reaction score
But what I'm really excited about is all the powerful, progressive women who won seats in the house and senate.
One of which will (most likely since this is a supertight race that needs all the votes to be accounted for before it can really be declared) be Kyrsten Synema from Arizona. Absolutely wonderful woman all around and the attack ads against her were plentiful and extraordinarily vicious.

And let's have a big round of applause for the states that legalized (via voters for the first time) gay marriage.

In the What Have We Learned category: apparently the Million Puppet March movement had more legs than anyone woulda initially thought.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My state was one of who legalized same sex marriage tonight. And I am proud to say one of those votes came from me. I was probably the only one in my family who voted yes. I come from a very Republican/Conservative bunch and while I was scared at first to vote yes because of that I realized I couldn't let that stop me from what I feel is the right thing to do. I must say I felt really good afterwards knowing I stuck to up for my beliefs. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
Good for you, Pinky, for standing up for what you believe in.

And congrats to President Obama!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As I implied earlier, I didn't vote for either candidate, but I confess I'm relieved Romney didn't win; I just didn't feel comfortable with his policies. I hope Obama has more ideas this time around (and more freedom to implement them). And he has to realize that he needs to be stronger on foreign policy. We shall see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once all the ballots are accounted for, i would convulse in massive laughter if it turns out Romney ultimately ended up with 47% of the vote.

(Sputtery Laugh). Seriously... I'm happy the right lost with all their political sabotage, money blown on Super Pacs owned by Karl Rove, and endless talking head whining and intimidation. Not to mention the voter registration crap they were trying to pull. I'm glad, if nothing else, the Dick Dasdardly principle won out in the end. They probably could have won without the cheating. All that did was remind some voters how nasty they can be, and it energized the base that desperately wanted them out of power.

As I implied earlier, I didn't vote for either candidate, but I confess I'm relieved Romney didn't win; I just didn't feel comfortable with his policies. I hope Obama has more ideas this time around (and more freedom to implement them). And he has to realize that he needs to be stronger on foreign policy. We shall see.
Trust this coming from a guy who's state he governed... I wouldn't even call Mitt a Governor. He suckered the state into voting for him (this so called blue state has had a Republican Governor since Dukakis ran for President). And while the others did manage to make screw ups (don't mention Big Dig around here), Romney was a part time in name only Governor that recklessly slashed budgets to win favors, and spent the rest of his term campaigning for 2008. And here's the kicker... he was going to the red states to gloat about how a blue state elected him, and managed to insult the entire state along the way. OUCH! To say the least, he could have blocked our gay marriage law, but didn't, so the right could use it as a scare tactic in 2004. And then, just before his term was up, he came back and recklessly cut budgets even further for cheap political points. All the while, his Lieutenant Governor/Sock Puppet was running for Governor with the nastiest campaign ads you've ever saw. I mean, those ads make the ones we've seen for this election look tame. Deval Patrick was some sort of rapist sympathizer... I forget exactly. Oh, and the not at all choreographed "protest" against Free 'em all Deval that totally wasn't paid for by their campaign.

So, short story, a newly minted right wing politician ran for Governor of a blue state that has a history of Republican Governors to prove that he could be moderate, while not doing moderate things and badmouthing the state that elected him to others to get a nomination less than halfway through his term, only to slash budgets with a rusty battle axe that left us in howling debt... I don't care what side of the aisle you're on... that would be a TERRIBLE leader and bad for the country no matter what. I'd rather BUSH than Romney rule the country. I'm a registered Independant, and I can vote on republican primaries and voted for McCain in 2008 just out of spite for him. I kinda have a vendetta against him, you see. That's what happens when a politician ruins your state.

But the real cherry on the sundae is, he's leaving politics completely as a result of losing the presidency! Now he can go back to what he does best. Using money to buy failing companies and flip them by firing everyone and selling them to China. Because, that's apparently a job. Being an opportunistic vulture. Seriously, I'm not celebrating an Obama victory as much as I am Romney's epic fail. Unfotunately, Ryan's still in the picture, pretending to wash out dishes at homeless shelters that he would clearly cut funding to.