1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The 2012 Presidential Election: Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2012.
  1. Mitt Romney

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Barack Obama

10 vote(s)
    50.0%

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

BIG BIRD IS SAVED! :wisdom:
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I got an icky not out of the Woods yet feeling. Obama has won the electoral votes, and I'd hate for Romney to have won the popular vote Gore style. We've got enough conspiracy theory wackos ruining it for everyone last time he won, we don't need them thinking the Space Commies and Unicorn Zombies from the center of the earth control the "Electrical College." Plus there's cold comfort in him winning the same way Bush did. On the other hand, Karma is a female dog.

FREAKIN' Ronaldo Rump...

[​IMG]

I can't wait to see him have a temper tantrum.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Obama has won...what more do you need?
    miss kermie likes this.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm so so on Obama, whom I knew would easily win. But what I'm really excited about is all the powerful, progressive women who won seats in the house and senate.

I think Romney's comments on the auto industry, the GOP's turn to the far right, and yes(the storm) had a strong effect. I think America just wants calm, thought out politics right now. They don't want people who are perceived to represent a move to the past.
  5. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Once all the ballots are accounted for, i would convulse in massive laughter if it turns out Romney ultimately ended up with 47% of the vote.

I'm sure there are milk and cookie parties aplenty on Sesame Street tonight. (I so wanted to hear "ABC-DEF-GHI" or "I Just Adore Four" as Obama's intro music!)

You see, politicians - you just don't muck with the Muppet Fan electorate. Threats on Big Bird is not a successful strategy. Now attacking Elmo on the other hand...
    Muppet fan 123 and Hubert like this.
  6. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

One of which will (most likely since this is a supertight race that needs all the votes to be accounted for before it can really be declared) be Kyrsten Synema from Arizona. Absolutely wonderful woman all around and the attack ads against her were plentiful and extraordinarily vicious.

And let's have a big round of applause for the states that legalized (via voters for the first time) gay marriage.

In the What Have We Learned category: apparently the Million Puppet March movement had more legs than anyone woulda initially thought.
  7. Pinkflower7783

My state was one of who legalized same sex marriage tonight. And I am proud to say one of those votes came from me. I was probably the only one in my family who voted yes. I come from a very Republican/Conservative bunch and while I was scared at first to vote yes because of that I realized I couldn't let that stop me from what I feel is the right thing to do. I must say I felt really good afterwards knowing I stuck to up for my beliefs. :)
    Muppet fan 123 and Slackbot like this.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Good for you, Pinky, for standing up for what you believe in.

And congrats to President Obama!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

As I implied earlier, I didn't vote for either candidate, but I confess I'm relieved Romney didn't win; I just didn't feel comfortable with his policies. I hope Obama has more ideas this time around (and more freedom to implement them). And he has to realize that he needs to be stronger on foreign policy. We shall see.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

(Sputtery Laugh). Seriously... I'm happy the right lost with all their political sabotage, money blown on Super Pacs owned by Karl Rove, and endless talking head whining and intimidation. Not to mention the voter registration crap they were trying to pull. I'm glad, if nothing else, the Dick Dasdardly principle won out in the end. They probably could have won without the cheating. All that did was remind some voters how nasty they can be, and it energized the base that desperately wanted them out of power.

Trust this coming from a guy who's state he governed... I wouldn't even call Mitt a Governor. He suckered the state into voting for him (this so called blue state has had a Republican Governor since Dukakis ran for President). And while the others did manage to make screw ups (don't mention Big Dig around here), Romney was a part time in name only Governor that recklessly slashed budgets to win favors, and spent the rest of his term campaigning for 2008. And here's the kicker... he was going to the red states to gloat about how a blue state elected him, and managed to insult the entire state along the way. OUCH! To say the least, he could have blocked our gay marriage law, but didn't, so the right could use it as a scare tactic in 2004. And then, just before his term was up, he came back and recklessly cut budgets even further for cheap political points. All the while, his Lieutenant Governor/Sock Puppet was running for Governor with the nastiest campaign ads you've ever saw. I mean, those ads make the ones we've seen for this election look tame. Deval Patrick was some sort of rapist sympathizer... I forget exactly. Oh, and the not at all choreographed "protest" against Free 'em all Deval that totally wasn't paid for by their campaign.

So, short story, a newly minted right wing politician ran for Governor of a blue state that has a history of Republican Governors to prove that he could be moderate, while not doing moderate things and badmouthing the state that elected him to others to get a nomination less than halfway through his term, only to slash budgets with a rusty battle axe that left us in howling debt... I don't care what side of the aisle you're on... that would be a TERRIBLE leader and bad for the country no matter what. I'd rather BUSH than Romney rule the country. I'm a registered Independant, and I can vote on republican primaries and voted for McCain in 2008 just out of spite for him. I kinda have a vendetta against him, you see. That's what happens when a politician ruins your state.

But the real cherry on the sundae is, he's leaving politics completely as a result of losing the presidency! Now he can go back to what he does best. Using money to buy failing companies and flip them by firing everyone and selling them to China. Because, that's apparently a job. Being an opportunistic vulture. Seriously, I'm not celebrating an Obama victory as much as I am Romney's epic fail. Unfotunately, Ryan's still in the picture, pretending to wash out dishes at homeless shelters that he would clearly cut funding to.
  11. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I'm very glad that Obama and his family gets to spend another four years in the White House. He has problems of his own, but I feel that it's better for him to be there for a while longer.

Unfortunately, Joe Arpaio remains Maricopa County's sheriff in the local elections. You know, the so-called "toughest sheriff in the world" and also a big Obama birther. :rolleyes:
  12. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I'm disappointed Obama won. I definitely believe that Romney would do a better job. Obama's only going to make it worse.

But, politics aside... Isn't it ironic that the poll is pretty much the nation turned out? In a tie.
  13. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Schoolhouse Rock Characters-Electorial College and we deserve a yell
    all-Boo!
  14. Pinkflower7783

I'm also gonna say I don't care if your red or blue or even independant in the end were ALL Americans and we need to work together!!! Sitting there and bashing each others affiliations or even politicians isn't gonna get anything done! It's been going on on TV, newspapers, and yes EVEN on this forum. It's why it took me so long to even to register to vote because I absolutely HATE taking sides. I see points on both sides of the fence so I am probably the absolute worst person when it comes to politics to begin with. I'm not saying it isn't okay to have differences but sometimes you need to put those aside so you can accomplish things and maybe just maybe you'll learn something about the other you never knew.

I've seen so much hate from both sides throughout this whole election. Even reading comments about how some wish that Obama or Romney would just die? That's just plain cruel! I don't care how much you dislike either candidate don't ever wish death on someone because it could come back to bite you in the rear!

Jim Henson was all about team work no matter what the differences but he also embraced those differences as well. And I feel like we as people need to do the same.
    Hubert and heralde like this.
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Even though Obama won the re-election, the problem is that it's not even going to be worth it, just like his last election was: for the past four years, every time Obama tried to extend help to those who need it (namely middle and lower class Americans, people who have no have no decent health care because they have no money, among others), the Republicans were the biggest bunch of sore losers, that they cut him off at the pass every time, preventing him from putting any of his plans into action... THEN, when he wasn't able to do anything, then they turned right around and pointed their fingers at him like, "Hey! You didn't live up to your promises! You suck as president!", when they were the ones who stopped him from keeping his promises.

So sure, Obama won again, but this is just going to be another four years of the Republicans stopping him at every turn at trying to help Americans, then blaming him for not doing anything to help Americans.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with all said...politics has went from something civilized and fair in the early days of America to just a big pile of cruelty...I mean, do I really even want a president that bashes the other candidate?

And all politics really does is create more hate between others...today three of what I consider good friends had a huge fight that may be threatening all friendships between everyone, simply because one friend thinks that Republicans are a bunch of greedy no-good people, and the two other friends think that Bush and Romney should be considered the saviors of the world...and these are generally nice people, too... :sigh:

It's just so frustrating, really, when this is what comes out of the right to elect your leaders...I don't think this is how it was meant to be...
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

So your saying not much change is gonna happen? :p

Hubert makes some great points it's another reason why I hate politics I can't tell you how many friendships I've seen end over it. If you can have a civilized discussion about your differences by all means I am all for it. But don't sit there and tell someone their wrong just because you don't agree with it. People need to know when to just say agree to disagree and move on! I mean it's obvious your not gonna change the other persons minds about their beliefs to begin with so why add more to the fire as they say? Life is too short!
    miss kermie likes this.
  18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

People are too obsessed with belonging to a group or looking up to a leader. No group or leader should become more important than friends. That goes for both so-called liberals and conservatives.
    miss kermie and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

I love this photo. :D
    [​IMG]
  20. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

WHO CARES!? SESAME STREET IS SAVED!!!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.