Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here are the "Conversations with Bert" videos with Bert and Saturday Night Live comedian Andy Samberg...

Thanks. I'm busy now, but I'll take a look at that later on.

I liked the new street sorry. Great to see Barkley again after 2 years. I liked Tau Bennett's cameo. The Word of the Day was good. I liked the cat being allergic to her own kind. The new Murray tune-ins were good. It was great to see the Private I sketch again. Leslie looks gorgeous in that bit.
Not to mention Bob. The poor guy hasn't had a street scene at all last season. It was great to see him and his singing voice return. Though I'd still rather see him do the "People in your Neighborhood" bits rather than Murray.

Hey! Bob was in it. That's probably his one per season.
Well, you never know. Susan made quite a comeback last season, so maybe eventually it will happen to Bob as well. Gosh, we really need smilies for the Sesame humans.

Finally saw the episode with Barkley today, it was worth the wait to see the big dog again.:super:
Yep.. Barkley's great. Though I like that they're using live dogs this season. I wonder if our family's sheltie can get a part on the show.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I noticed the new episode had no fake sponsor ad at the end. Maybe they figured those were kind of pointless?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Don't forget today's ep., all election themed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If I'm able to catch this episode due to daylight savings having expired for 2012, I'm rully looking forward to the celebrity word of the day with former Indecision correspondant Steve "Carouselli" Carrell.
*Post paid for by the committee to have Steve Carrell deported in favor of a Steven Colbert victory. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I skipped out on the already seen street story. The word on the street, new Abby segment, and Elmo the Musical were the only real highlights.

Steve Carrell needs to work with the Muppets/Sesame Street more. I really miss him not being on The Office, though I respect his choice to leave. Ever realize they always subliminally have the third party always win in these things? No comment.

The Abby thing was cute I guess. Only thing that kept me interested really is the Grouch Troll's verbal tic of saying the words for laughing out loud ("Chortle Chortle").

But Elmo the Musical keeps getting better and better. Airplane/Naked Gun references ("It's the pentagon!" "What's that?" "It's a shape with 5 sides and five angles, but that's not important right now."), that "First lady" joke ("I didn't know you were married!" "Elmo's not married. That's just the first lady to walk through the door.") Even got a little action packed. Seriously, people want Elmo's World back, why?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Airplane/Naked Gun references? ! ? Curse you end of daylight savings time! Curse you to heck!
*Has to wait till repeats air on the weekend at 9:00 AM.

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit watching Sesame Street.
Are we flying over Elmo's World?
No, we'll never get over Elmo's World.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The Word of the Day was good. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new AFFS was funny. It was good to see Waiting for Big again. The new ETM was awesome! The songs were incredibly catchy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Airplane/Naked Gun references? ! ? Curse you end of daylight savings time! Curse you to heck!
*Has to wait till repeats air on the weekend at 9:00 AM.

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit watching Sesame Street.
Are we flying over Elmo's World?
No, we'll never get over Elmo's World.
The Steve Carrell word of the day is somewhere on Youtube, and that specific Elmo the Musical and Abby's School are bound to be aired again this season. Other than that, you really didn't miss much.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thing is, I don't watch YouTube because of its glitchtastic stop-and-go play.
The Abby Flying Fairy School I'd really like to catch is the one at Puckish Pete's mythical creature petting zoo. They were all CGI animated, I know, but I still find that one to be the best of all. Until they make the straight-to-video release where Abby meets her famous cousin since Disney's promoting the one where Tink found her "new" sister. Then again, that's asking for a ten-pound cannonball to be added to the penguin cannon of Muppetdom, so yeah, never mind. :zany:

ncchuck

Reaction score
i really dug the whole vote episode. and yes drtooth etm is getting good