Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The book is a British book, so perhaps that's a British term for voiceover artist? I googled it and didn't get too many good results.
Ah OK, thank you that does probably explain it. I've read British books about the media and they do use different terms. I was just caught up in being annoyed with the things the book did get wrong, heh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, remember during the olden days of cartoons? Usually, during the credits at the beginning, the voice actors were credited as "Voice Characterizations By".

Like take old Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, you'd see: "Voice Characterizations By Mel Blanc". Likewise, other cartoons that were released theatrically, who credited their voice actors (I don't believe the classic Walt Disney shorts ever credited the voice actors), did similar things, such as DePatie-Freleng cartoons.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's no more then seeing a comment calling the Muppeteers cartoon voice actors. :rolleyes:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Well, remember during the olden days of cartoons? Usually, during the credits at the beginning, the voice actors were credited as "Voice Characterizations By".

Like take old Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, you'd see: "Voice Characterizations By Mel Blanc". Likewise, other cartoons that were released theatrically, who credited their voice actors (I don't believe the classic Walt Disney shorts ever credited the voice actors), did similar things, such as DePatie-Freleng cartoons.
When I watched behind the Looney Tunes section of behind the scenes, Mel Blanc wanted a raise, but instead they gave him credit to the screen that says, "Voice Characterizations by Mel Blanc."

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I remember seeing/hearing on an interview with Frank Oz on A&E's Sesame Street documentary that when people say "Hey you're the voice of Grover/Cookie Monster/Bert/etc," Frank responds "I created more than just a voice, I created a character." That should prove those who call Muppeteers "Voice Actors" wrong!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Steve Fitmore is a great Kermit the Frog. See if you can find the mistake.