The 2012 Presidential Election: Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama

Who will you vote for in the 2012 Presidential Election?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I can agree with you.

Btw Frogboy, THIS is how Romney treated all his campaign, staffers, aides, etc the night of the election. I cannot see how a single person could support what Romney represents. Check this out:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/...mpaign-killed-credit-cards-on-election-night/

wow. Even to their own dyed in the wool campaign staffers and help, people who worked tirelessly for a long time day in and day out for Romney, THIS is how they get treated. wow.
We can criticize Team Obama, but they'd never do this.
That Romney article is crazy! It's also indicative of how people felt he was underneath the veneer. Cutting off his staff and stranding them probably had more to do with his donors and campaign leadership than him.

I keep hearing so many excuses why Romney lost. In the end, every campaign is a sales job and America just didn't buy what he was selling. The truth is that plenty of candidates could have pulled out a win. Just not Mitt Romney.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it's funny that so many Republicans believe their candidate lost due to a storm or a lack of conservatism. They lost because Republicans are no longer Republicans. The party usually leaves social issues for the states to decide and if local elections are any indication, they are on the wrong side of marriage equality. It took Obama three and one-half years to get around to supporting it, yet never has there been a more LGBT friendly President than our 44th. The amount of support he's given us is unprecedented. Truly astounding! Mark my words, even though the public hasn't followed what he's done in that area, history will remember him very much for it.

I've been saying that for years. Libertarianism is closer to core Conservatism, but instead of Republicans fleeing the party for the Libertarian party, the Republican party became poseur Libertarians. The Neo-Cons (rich schmucks that pretend to be conservatives until one of their pet projects has to be cut, also ones that pretends to care what the religious people think so they can get their votes/smog cloud the fact that the Neo-Cons wanna throw them all under the bus). I really expected to see a rise in Libs this election, but they were so swayed by the moronic Obama hate (He's a secret Muslin, Commie, not born in this country, and something that we swear isn't racist but is very racist) they had no choice to vote for someone even worse for traditional conservatism than a democrat. But the scary thing is, it wasn't exactly a landslide for Obama, either. He came this close to getting elected only through the Electoral College. So we shouldn't call this a mind blowing victory either.

Our President did drop the ball in his first term. It's now his duty to come to the table and compromise with Republican leadership so we can all move forward. That is, if the Tea Party will let the Republicans budge at all. Our current situation is the fault of BOTH parties and it will require BOTH parties to fix it.

Actually, I really think the problem is that the Dems didn't let the Reps get rid of the Filibuster under Bush. As unpatriotic and unAmerican as it was, guess which party made the most of it under Obama. That's why it took over a year to pass health care and why nothing else could have passed if they wanted to. I can't really say it's as much the Dems fault as the Reps. The Reps were given orders from Boss Limbaugh to make the president fail, when Obama wanted to be bi-Partisan. And frankly, he kept giving the right exactly what they want, and the Reps kept changing it because it wasn't enough. They were the spoiled rotten fat kid at someone else's birthday party that couldn't stand not being the center of attention and not getting the gifts. Even before the Tea-dious party take over of congress.
He is in no way "Bush with a tan." The oil industry, environmentalists, banks, congress, gays, women and evangelicals would completely disagree with you. The "cola" branding argument doesn't hold up when applied to 90% of America's issues and that's why we're in this gridlock. But I digress...
Social issues are what keep me left of center. There are conservatives that no longer care about that crap and just want to go back to fiscal conservatism... but then they need votes. The Evangelicals NEED their own third party to even the odds out. We have separation of Church and State. That means putting your own personal beliefs in check for the rest of the country. Bush got a lot of votes just because Gay Marriage was legalized in one state. Not to mention the absolute Knights Templar war on woman's reproductive rights. Attacking a private citizen because she wants birth control covered by health care? Redefining rape to outlaw abortions? Cue Mr. Burns shredding everyone's coats saying "Now, why does everyone hate me?" (Can't find a clip).

beaker

Reaction score
Im starting to feel bad for Obama. Israel's leadership hates him. Fox News and the right is going ape over this CIA director/Benghazi thing and all these conspiracy theories.
I have a feeling he's not going to be able to get much done.

Remember, Clinton had a lot of visionary things he wanted done...til the Lewinski thing. After that it was just wall street deruglation, bombing Serbia and helping the IMF plunder the Asian markets. It's almost like the GOP got to him.

Btw, the ONLY reason Bush supported DOMA is because Karl Rove knew it was a quick way to keep the southern conservatives supporting the neocons. Neocons are not social conservatives and often not very religious. Many neocons, including Dick Cheney support gay rights and a woman's right to choose. They just trojan horse behind "social conservative views" to keep the base. In some strange way neocons are often what could be called as neo-liberals.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Im starting to feel bad for Obama. Israel's leadership hates him. Fox News and the right is going ape over this CIA director/Benghazi thing and all these conspiracy theories.
I have a feeling he's not going to be able to get much done.
Israel's government doesn't like anyone who doesn't let them do whatever they want. Iran's flag might as well be the Trollface. They want a war with Israel soooo bad. They just replace "I *&&^%%ed your mom last night" with "there was no Holocaust."

What REALLY honks me off are all these big fat corporations that are going to slash all these low level workers because they have to GASP pay them health care.