Question about 1970's SST Little People

cjd874

Reaction score
Hello!
Second day on the forum...and I have a nagging question on my mind...
When Fisher Price released the Sesame Little People playsets in the mid-1970s, the only humans included were Mr. Hooper, Susan, and Gordon. Does anyone have an idea why Bob, Maria, David & Luis weren't included?
If you can offer ideas, thanks!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I think Bob, Maria, Luis, and David weren't included because I think they weren't popular enough or maybe the fact that the kids who watch Sesame Street were focused more on The Muppets and kids could recognize Mr. Hooper, Susan, and Gordon clearly.

cjd874

Reaction score
I think Bob, Maria, Luis, and David weren't included because I think they weren't popular enough or maybe the fact that the kids who watch Sesame Street were focused more on The Muppets and kids could recognize Mr. Hooper, Susan, and Gordon clearly.
I see your point about Luis, Maria, & David...they were still new to the show. (and Luis is kind of included as a cartoon representation where the Fix-It Shop is) But Bob was around since the beginning, and he was great with kids, and they'd be able to recognize him. I think they should have added Bob, at least.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I see your point about Luis, Maria, & David...they were still new to the show. (and Luis is kind of included as a cartoon representation where the Fix-It Shop is) But Bob was around since the beginning, and he was great with kids, and they'd be able to recognize him. I think they should have added Bob, at least.
Yeah. They should've added Bob to the lineup, too.
Before the Sesame Street Little People toys were released, Bob had his own album called "Bob McGrath from Sesame Street" in 1970. All of the songs featured in this album are sung by Bob McGrath, no one else but Bob himself.
I believe kids who watched Sesame Street during this time were shocked when Bob wasn't included in the Little People lineup.

cjd874

Reaction score
Yeah. They should've added Bob to the lineup, too.
Before the Sesame Street Little People toys were released, Bob had his own album called "Bob McGrath from Sesame Street" in 1970. All of the songs featured in this album are sung by Bob McGrath, no one else but Bob himself.
I believe kids who watched Sesame Street during this time were shocked when Bob wasn't included in the Little People lineup.
Yes! Susan had an album like that, too & SHE was part of the Little People...man, Bob got dissed. If Fisher Price made him into a figurine, they should have given him a brightly colored body to represent those loud shirts he used to wear...hahaha

cjd874

Reaction score
When I was a kid I had one that I thought was Bob...guess we just found some random figure from another set and decided it was Bob :smile:
Hee hee, that works. I mean, I found one that kinda resembled Luis (black hair and similar facial features, green shirt). Never found one that looked like Bob, David, or Maria though.