Nightlife is a Rockin' Tune!

cjd874

Reaction score
It almost never gets stuck in my head. Its not really got a very predictable tune (which is why I think of it as being particularly Jazz-ish) and has a very unique sound. But it often happens that if I see the word, "Gimme" it is completed in my brain with "my Nightlife" and then the song is stuck until I watch it.

The other Electric Mayhem song that I sometimes get stuck is Can You Picture That (which I think I've posted in a similar thread before), but that's usually caused by "Now the Eiffel Tower's holding up a flower" being the catchy line in my mind all day.
"Can You Picture That?" is a fantastic song, probably my favorite Muppet tune of all time. "Aurora Borealis shining over Dallas" is the line that sticks out in my mind.
But the ultimate Muppet song that gets stuck in one's head..."Mahna Mahna." 'Nuff said.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Hopefully the Mayhem can return with a song of their own in the next movie. :big_grin:
Definitely! I'd love to see a new Mayhem song in the new movie.

Sounds like rock/funk, even though the Electric Mayhem say "Let's play a love song!" LOL
I guess the Mayhem just said that to joke around over the fact Kermit was with his "new flame" "Lady Holliday" (Miss Piggy).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sounds like rock/funk, even though the Electric Mayhem say "Let's play a love song!" LOL
Yes! I always loved that they said they'd play a love song, and played this "loud" tune instead! ("Its okay, they don't mind.")

Reminds me of when they said they love Chase music in TMM as well.

cjd874

Reaction score
man, I wonder what it must have been like for the British people and tourists driving along during the filming of this scene... I know they'd have added the music and sound effects in post-production, but just imagine some proper English couple driving along the road when the raucous, unruly Happiness Hotel bus passes by. LOL