Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The new Murray tune-ins on today's episode were good. The I Am Special song with Frank Oz doing Grover was great! Good to hear him sing again. Oscarfan, apparently, you're relying on me to tell you what old bits they showed so you can add them to Muppet Wiki. So here you go: AFFS, Henking Day, SG 2.0, Penguins with block of ice, Murray game, what's missing, three wheels on his skateboard, and ETM: Circus. Sorry, I only watch the Muppet parts. Maybe someone else can help you with the rest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The new Murray tune-ins on today's episode were good. The I Am Special song with Frank Oz doing Grover was great! Good to hear him sing again. Oscarfan, apparently, you're relying on me to tell you what old bits they showed so you can add them to Muppet Wiki. So here you go: AFFS, Henking Day, SG 2.0, Penguins with block of ice, Murray game, what's missing, three wheels on his skateboard, and ETM: Circus. Sorry, I only watch the Muppet parts. Maybe someone else can help you with the rest.
Good thing I missed it. It only had that one bit of new footage that can easily be found on Youtube. I know they're on a budget, but really...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Since the first half of the season is over next week and the second half doesn't start until February, here's all the songs from the season thus far, including the songs from the street stories, inserts and Elmo the Musical:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sr8pwm

The songs from the street stories and inserts are part of the "Season 43" album; the ETM musical songs in there are their own separate album. Also in there are the songs from the "Healthy Teeth, Healthy Me" initiative video and "Share It Maybe."

Enjoy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll probably talk about the rest of the episode later, but I just saw the episode's rerun of Super Grover 2.0 about force and pulling a horse in a carriage. I'm reading into this too much, but the same chicken Muppet SG told to use the force is the same Chicken Muppet they used to make Darth Chicken.

So basically, that Chicken Super Grover 2.0 told to use the force was Anakin Chicken, and Super Grover 2.0 taught him the ways of the force wrong.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'll probably talk about the rest of the episode later, but I just saw the episode's rerun of Super Grover 2.0 about force and pulling a horse in a carriage. I'm reading into this too much, but the same chicken Muppet SG told to use the force is the same Chicken Muppet they used to make Darth Chicken.

So basically, that Chicken Super Grover 2.0 told to use the force was Anakin Chicken, and Super Grover 2.0 taught him the ways of the force wrong.
Well, Grover's no Yoda...:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Grover's no Yoda...:smile:
Except, technically he is when Frank Oz play him.

Overall, It's great to see a Big Bird storyline again. Wasn't the greatest one, but it's always great to see one. Ball of Wax was a very interesting looking puppet. I guess they could always clean it up and use it as a cheese puppet in time.

I'm skipping down to Cowboy the Musical, since there wasn't anything else interesting or that hasn't been seen before. This looks like the biggest cast they've had for one of these. And the Chip and Dip cat puppets make a cameo, too. There's nothing else I can say that hasn't been already said about the new Elmo segment. These are great, the music's catchy... this one seemed like the shortest one of them all, though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I love the cats always hissing whenever Velvet appeared onscreen. The side characters should react to her more when she appears.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the street story. Matt was funny as the excited game-show person. The Word of the Day was funny. The new Murray tune-in was good. ETM was awesome! Tons of catchy songs.