Should Disney buy Felix the Cat?

FelixinEM3

Reaction score
There is no call for Disney to buy him because there's no desire.

They bought Pixar to make Movies, They bought the Muppets because Eisner always wanted to own them, they bought Marvel for basically merchandising reasons... all big powerhouses bigger than Felix.
well, the thing is.. Felix The Cat would be good for Epic Mickey 3, plus, the owners of Felix could easily swap for a minor character. Or they could join in to Disney. This would be a good reason.

robodog

Reaction score
Why would Disney want to buy Felix the cat when they have their own stable of classic animated characters to draw from? Characters that are more famous than Felix as well. Although if they don't start doing more with their characters than sticking them in preschool shows then Mickey and the gang may find themselves in the same boat as Felix and Betty Boop. Characters that are only known through merchandise. I'll never understand why Disney doesn't air their old cartoons on their own darn channel anymore. Do they WANT Mickey and the gang to fade into obscurity?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Why would Disney want to buy Felix the cat when they have their own stable of classic animated characters to draw from? Characters that are more famous than Felix as well. Although if they don't start doing more with their characters than sticking them in preschool shows then Mickey and the gang may find themselves in the same boat as Felix and Betty Boop. Characters that are only known through merchandise. I'll never understand why Disney doesn't air their old cartoons on their own darn channel anymore. Do they WANT Mickey and the gang to fade into obscurity?
Mickey could be getting his first headlining, full-length feature film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nothing but agreement.

Mickey's only gig is that preschool series. And sadly, we all have to be thankful it brought the characters back in the public eye. You can go to a store and get Mickey stuff before Pooh, Dalmatians, and all these other things Disney also owns.

I seriously hope they're still working on that Mickey and Co theatrical project. They need to get out of the preschool ghetto they've been shoved into.