TV Alert: Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
To everyone wondering about Murray's voice, the reason he sounded different was because he was rapping really fast. It was still Joey Mazzarino doing the voice. And as Pinkflower said, Elmo was the perfect one to sing, "Nothing's gonna bring us down." That might not have been intentional, but it warmed my heart.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Sesame Street and Kermit are just big chunks of sunshine in the middle of that parade :wisdom: The float and the song and everything were so cheerful to watch! Very cute.

And might I say that Abby Cadabby is just the most adorable little thing. (Those super fluffy white earmuffs under her pompom pigtails!! :flirt: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
And then there was practically NO MENTION of the balloons, just "World's Greatest Character Balloons." Like I said, the balloons are becoming an incredibly minor side event in the parade.
They seem to focus on the identical sounding "talent" more than anything. They could have at least mentioned the ones that were new that year. And there was only like 3 or so, including the artist of the year balloon.

I really hate how most of the floats are corporate sponsored commercials. Office Max Elves?!?! REALLY?!? At least we had 3 cartoon based ones. Smurfs (which they barely showed), Peanuts, and TMNT. It was great to see the Turtles, but the float was monopolized by some bad (the least like everything else sounding bit of the parade, though). Okay... they let the Power Rangers do their theme song.

All and all, every year I say I wish I could afford a DVR. I'd so prerecord the parade so I could skip to the balloons.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
How did the TMNT look did they look like the costumes from the first two origianl movies?

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was a pretty nice parade, despite the heavy emphasis on flavor-of-the-month pop stars. The song sung by the SS cast definitely takes on a whole new meaning since Kevin Clash's departure, too.

Hubert

Reaction score
To everyone wondering about Murray's voice, the reason he sounded different was because he was rapping really fast. It was still Joey Mazzarino doing the voice.
Ah, that does make sense. Thank you for mentioning that.