Finally an official DARK CRYSTAL PREQUEL !!!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thank you for the very interesting Link!

bandit

Reaction score
Ooooo! They really did dredge this up from the land of the nearly precariously close to being written off and forgotten! Love it. Thanks for sharing. Insightful stuff!

bandit

Reaction score
You know, believe it or not it's not one of my favorites. It's definitely impressive and the puppeteering is tremendous. Still, it's not one I could get really into. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I didn't care for the main character. It's a slow moving plot, which is good for building atmosphere but when you combine those elements, it just doesn't work for me. Still, I know it's considered one of the superior Henson films for most.

bandit

Reaction score
Hahaha! You'd be surprised. I don't mind slow build up....so long as it's building to something. Even if it's kind of cerebral, I can handle something like that if I can sink my teeth into it. For some reason, though, I just couldn't with this movie. But I do think the technology used for this one was really impressive. There's no question there. It LOOKS amazing.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Yeah, good point. It has to have depth.
Personally, I like stuff that's sappy but has action and depth.

bandit

Reaction score
Nope! Sounds like the perfect Tarbaby of movies.
Hmmm well I would describe the original Dark Crystal as a moody, fantasy adventure story with rather dire undertones. The prequel sound like it has the makings of a tragic paint by numbers. How did we get from point A to point Doomsday!?
^_^ Makes me curious. I'll probably pick it up. I mean, this could enrich the story even more and give more context to the actions that take place in the movie. I mean, that's the idea anyway.