Finally an official DARK CRYSTAL PREQUEL !!!

Farron

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Had no idea of it otherwise. Just ordered a copy! :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Wow, that coupled with a new comic from an unproduced Storyteller episode written by Jim and Jerry Juhl?!? FANTASTIC!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yes, fantastic stuff indeed and very well drawn! I hope it sells well, so we may get more like these.
Maybe even a movie prequel someday... who knows? :smile:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Saw the Dark Crystal comic at the comic book store Yesterday. It looks very nie and its hardcover...but twenty bucks in one shot seemed a bit steep. I was hoping for several 3 to 4 dollar issues rather than graphic novels right up front. It does look nice though and I know Froud was involved so thats a plus.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yes, definitely woth it. Here is a review I wrote:

I enjoyed the book very much, overall the artwork and story is excellent!
I love the compositions and lighting/shading.

However there are things which I do not like as much:

- There is not enough text. Some important details left unexplained.
For ex. : Aughra got a third "eye" burnt into her forehead. But why?

- The story "How Gelfling Maids got their wings". Aughra sticks feathers in her back... Sorry, but ***? I hope this is just a joke. Also the Gelfling portrait there is not really good.

- Aughra should not have a son. The WORLD OF THE DARK CRYSTAL book says: "Of the race of Aughra, I WAS alone, the first and last."

- Some details look like we are on earth (not on Thra): For example the Gelflings belt buckle looks exactly like a human made one. Or the Gelflings sailboat.