Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
First of all, I have to ask... who ARE you any way? You're like one of only two people, so far, throughout this entire ordeal with Kevin, who have been somewhat sympathizing with the accusers... that just smells a little suspicious to me.'

Second, these accusers are so low, they really don't even deserve to be refered to by their names.

Third, I think the way the homophobe card was played last night was pretty much similar to how some people like to play the race card whenever confrontations like this pop up, "Oh, this is because I'm black, isn't it?" I mean really, that's what DLLAL pretty much said when Dr. Drew asked him about the outcry and backlash again his allegations, he said it mostly about people who were uncomfortable with his sexuality... speaking for myself, and much of the Muppet community, I don't recall any of us backlashing his stories because he's gay, our outcry was over the very idea that people would accuse Kevin of doing these unspeakable things.

That's what gets me too, that woman who called in didn't even get her questions answered! She asked DLLAL WHY he willingly got involved with someone like this, when he KNEW he was getting involved with a much older man, irregardless if both of them lied about their ages. Dr. Drew's response? He goes off on her, talking about patients he's had to deal with over the years, then concluding his little tirade with, "We, the big people (adults) have to look out and care for the little people (kids)!" Then that other guy calls in afterwards, basically saying, "That woman was a nut! I bet she'd think differently if he was a young girl in the same situation!" WHAT?! She said, clearly, at the beginning of her phonecall, that a 15-year-old, in general, shouldn't be having any form of sex AT ALL! She didn't say anything about his sexuality or anything, all she asked was what was he thinking getting involved with someone he knew was much older that he was. In fact, if you ask me, I somehow get the feeling that if the accusers WERE girls, this whole fiasco would be ten times worse.

Finally, another thing that gets me too is that DLLAL says that this lawsuit really isn't about the money, and that Kevin could basically keep the $50,000, if he would own up responsibility for his actions, publically apologized, and never worked with minors again... in short, he's basically saying he'd rather not go through with the lawsuit... THEN WHY DID YOU FILE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!! He said towards the beginning of his interview that he was doing it for retribution, but again, that's another inconsistency with his story: he wants to go through the lawsuit, he'd rather not go through with the lawsuit...

I'm getting more and more frustrated by this entire thing, I too wish it would just blow over already, and we didn't have to worry about it any more.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
There is no way Kevin is going to come out and say anything because of how it will look on Sesame. Even though he is no longer with Sesame he is still trying to salvage it's good name and also any credit he may still have. As for this book, to me it's just another way to make money and disscredit A good man with a huge fan base.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, that was another thing too: Dr. Drew DID put DLLAL to task, and asked him if he was certain that he said happened actually happened, and that he wasn't just trying to make money off someone, and/or ruin someone else's career; again, his response was he believes in God with all of his heart, and as such, he is incapable of ruining someone else's career.

Yeah, you know what? I believe in God too, but I don't believe that can really be used as an excuse for doing what you're doing. I mean, whether or not he is trying to ruin Kevin's career or not remains to be seen, but still, that doesn't seem like a really good excuse, I think it's kind of a way of trying make yourself seem like you're a better person than you really are... like, "Oh, I believe in God, anybody who believes in God wouldn't try to harm anyone else." Yeah, I'm sorry, that just doesn't wash with me.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
KEEP MUPPETS AND CONVENTIONS AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!!!

I'm sorry, but those are two worlds that need to be kept as faaaaaaar apart from each other as possible, otherwise, worlds will collide, and they cannot stand!
Why not? I think it's a great thing to have Muppets at conventions. It gets more people to see these characters and performers in person, they have stuff to promote so it's easy exposure for whatever they're promoting, and it's just fun! Not to mention Comic Cons, horror cons, etc. are never about the one genre anymore, so why not go to a place where you can see everything you like?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why not? I think it's a great thing to have Muppets at conventions. It gets more people to see these characters and performers in person, they have stuff to promote so it's easy exposure for whatever they're promoting, and it's just fun! Not to mention Comic Cons, horror cons, etc. are never about the one genre anymore, so why not go to a place where you can see everything you like?
I like to think that Muppet Freaks are a lot more sophisticated, and certainly a lot more SANE than some of the freaks that show up at those conventions. *shudders*

inturnaround

Reaction score
First of all, I have to ask... who ARE you any way? You're like one of only two people, so far, throughout this entire ordeal with Kevin, who have been somewhat sympathizing with the accusers... that just smells a little suspicious to me.'

Second, these accusers are so low, they really don't even deserve to be refered to by their names.

Third, I think the way the homophobe card was played last night was pretty much similar to how some people like to play the race card whenever confrontations like this pop up, "Oh, this is because I'm black, isn't it?" .
I'm a Muppet fan like everyone else here.

Second, you're not engaging in a high-minded exchange of ideas if you are calling people names. It's childish to do that. There can absolutely be an intelligent discussion of this, but I don't think it can ever happen as long as people are dismissing someone at first blush because he appears feminine.

And even if you have no respect for them, have respect for the forum. Have respect for yourself. Have respect for those who are transgender or gay or intersex or who are genderqueer. You have a right to be upset. But you don't have a right not to be disagreed with.

I'm not the only one who feels the way I do here. I may be the most prominent voice right now on the forum calling for an end to name-calling and victim blaming and anything that might even be remotely construed as homophobic. But I'm not alone in feeling this way.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well there are two sides to every story, and as far as name calling have you seen the names they have been calling Kevin. I get sick every time a new story comes out and the headline is something like this "Elmo Sex Scandal..." The things that have been said about all the parties involved are not going to be in a good light, and how could they be? The nature of this issue is very dark, bad not not a good place for anyone to have be in.
Most Muppet fans will stick by Kevin no matter what, and if you look at the facts that have come out it really dose look like they are out to get money.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Let's all agree that we know absolutely nothing about the issue because all the info we're getting is from a tabloid site and thus we shouldn't be forming any opinions on it.

inturnaround

Reaction score
Well there are to sides to every story, and as far as name calling have you seen the names they have been calling Kevin. I get sick every time a new story comes out and the headline is something like this "Elmo Sex Scandal..." The things that have been said about all the parties involved are not going to be in a good light, and how could they be? The nature of this issue is very dark, bad not not a good place for anyone to have be in.
Most Muppet fans will stick by Kevin no matter what, and if you look at the facts that have come out it really dose look like they are out to get money.
Yes, and calling him names isn't any better than calling the accusers names.

I question those who say they will stick by someone "no matter what", especially when one of those potential matters is horrifying. I prefer to be in the "reserving judgment" camp.

Always question the source of the information. Both sides of the matter will want to slime each other in the court of public opinion. I'd rather not be a pawn in that based on the limited information I have at hand.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well being a fan, means showing support. What Kevin is being accused of is bad, and no one on here is saying otherwise. We are taking the accusers looking at what they are doing and at why, and it dose not add up. So many lies, twists and turns I don't even think the accusers know what the truth is. Kevin however has said from the start he did nothing wrong, and I and others stand by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.