Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Oh, for pity's sake. A third accuser is going to file a lawsuit today, and he already has a book in the works. Excerpts to be released today too.

Also, TMZ showed its class by asking Brian Henson about the allegations while a little girl (his daughter?) was right there with him. Real smooth.
"FUN FACT - Did you noticed Henson's wife in the back? He's married to Ferris Bueller star Mia Sara. Random, right?"

Yes, TMZ, random. But why is that something that we need to know? It has nothing to do with that article. It's bad enough that you're giving out false information.

Bravo to Brian for staying calm and professional when TMZ decided to bother him.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Speaking only for myself:

I believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty. And thus far the claims made against him do not, in my opinion, ring true. The first one came across as blackmail. The second and third seem like "me too" lawsuits, people who want to bleed him. #2 claims that he could not possibly be doing this for money or to ruin Clash's career because he believes in God, therefore he can't possibly do something that naughty. #3 claims to have been writing a book about his involvement with Clash since 2009, yet the suit filed today states that "John did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects" until 2012. Looks like they didn't take too much care putting that timeline together, did they?

Now, I'm not taking the allegations lightly. I despise adults who take sexual advantage of minors. Oh, if you only knew my reasons, or the intensity of that feeling! However, I don't believe that this is the case. But in the end all we can do is watch, and try to take in the information and handle it like adults, and above all hope that justice is done.

And never forget the Presumption of Innocence. It applies to the court of law, and sadly not the media.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Elmo can't be Elmo without Kevin Clash!
I sure wish that everything in the muppet world and Sesame street will go back to normal.
Even though I do know that the bad things that have been happening are not true.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Elmo can't be Elmo without Kevin Clash!
I sure wish that everything in the muppet world and Sesame street will go back to normal.
Even though I do know that the bad things that have been happening are not true.
The reality is you don't know if it's true or not. You'd LIKE it to be false (as do I) because you admire Kevin and Elmo so much, but there's still a good chance he did these things.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I know that you guys but my dad is the one said that the bad things about Kavin is all false.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Another TMZ quote:
"There don't seem to be a lot of people voicing their support for Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash these days, but he does have one big
supporter ... Brian Henson, the son of Muppets creator Jim Henson".

I see somebody didn't do their homework. So let me get this straight. You're basically saying that Brian is Kevin's only supporter? Have you not seen all of the pages supporting Kevin on Facebook? Have you not read comments on those trashy news articles? I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin had supporters in this than TMZ.

Oh, and I love how it says, "There don't seem to be...". Really professional, guys.

And I love what these comments say. People are calling Brian dumb for not believing what the media has been saying. So somebody's dumb just because they actually respect another person's personal life? And one wonderful person decided to bring in the story of Jim's religion preventing him from seeing a doctor. And according to the person, that's "why we have weird sounding Muppets".

It's a shame that people acutally support TMZ.

And as someone already mentioned, it's rude enough that the reporter asked Brian this. Especially with his daughter present. She doesn't need to be hearing this.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I like to think that Muppet Freaks are a lot more sophisticated, and certainly a lot more SANE than some of the freaks that show up at those conventions. *shudders*
I don't know, I've been to some Muppet events in the past, where there were a LOT of wackjobs there. In fact, the first time I met Jerry Nelson at the Museum of T.V. and Radio in NYC there were people bombarding him, that his wife, Jan gently dragged him out of there. People were asking him to do the character voices, etc. and basically blocking his path as he was trying to walk out.

And NOTHING beats the "Gonzo Girl" at the big Henson festival they had in Huntington, Long Island several years back, who came dressed as Gonzo from head to toe with the nose, etc. and CRIED after one of the live Q&A's as they were putting the Gonzo puppet back in storage, because she didnt' get a picture with him. And this was no kid, mind you. Anyone who was at this event definitely remembers this quack.

So I hate to say, I think the loonies are everywhere.

Hubert

Reaction score
I question those who say they will stick by someone "no matter what", especially when one of those potential matters is horrifying. I prefer to be in the "reserving judgment" camp.
I don't think you're quite understanding what we mean when we say that we're sticking by him no matter what. We are DEFINITELY NOT dismissing any of this as false yet, as we don't know for sure. What we mean is that even if Kevin does prove to be guilty, we would still forgive him and support him and be behind him. Everybody makes mistakes, and we all learned that on the street. We're saying that no matter the outcome, we still believe not that Kevin did no wrong, but that we'll still be a supporting people to him and still love him just as much.

robodog

Reaction score
And one wonderful person decided to bring in the story of Jim's religion preventing him from seeing a doctor. And according to the person, that's "why we have weird sounding Muppets".
The person who said this is some idiot trying to be funny by referencing a bit in Family guy. That's where the "Wrong sounding Muppets" thing comes from. Not only is this person an idiot he's also an idiot who's too creatively bankrupt to come up with his own material.

Status
Not open for further replies.