TV Alert: Frank Oz on The Colbert Report November 28

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppeteer, director and Yoda master Frank Oz will be on The Colbert Report tonight on Comedy Central at 11:30 eastern, 10:30 central. Be sure to watch this anticipated appearance and let us know your thoughts.

If you saw the appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:insatiable: Wha?! Frank Oz on Colbert Report tonight? Oh, me stay up to watch that. After all, me and Mr. Colbert are good friends. So long as he forgive Cookie Monster for eating his Peabody award.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Just seen it. Hilarious. And his response "WHAT?" when asked a risky Muppet question which I don't think I can rewrite on this form. But Frank was laughing the whole time and even refusing to answer some questions with a straight face. It was just great seeing Frank Oz again. And he's even growing back his trademark mustache a little bit. lol It seems like Frank is a huge fan of the show. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bwahaha, funny stuff. I like how Frank really couldn't resist mimicking Colbert's tics and gestures, it was hysterical.

And I KNEW Frank was going to go into his little "rant", the way Colbert kept saying, "You're the VOICE of Yoda, you're the VOICE of Cookie Monster, you're the VOICE of Miss Piggy, you're the VOICE of Animal..." in fact, the more Colbert said "VOICE", the more I winced, because I know how much Frank dislikes all the "voice" talk.

Speaking of which, wow, Frank's natural voice has gotten so low, he almost sounds like Sam now. XD

I wish the appearance was a little longer, but oh well, we can't have everything. And I'm glad that Colbert didn't bring up the issue with Kevin, I had a sickening feeling that might happen, but it didn't, so I'm glad about that.

And Frank really should use his characters' voices to get out of sticky situations, like saying in Yoda's voice, "Speeding, I was not, officer". XD

ProboSowa

Reaction score
I watched it as well. It was some great stuff; can't go wrong with Frank.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
And I'm glad that Colbert didn't bring up the issue with Kevin, I had a sickening feeling that might happen, but it didn't, so I'm glad about that.
Yeah I was worried about that too. I know that TMZ stalked Tom Kenny voice actor legand for animation about it and even Brain Henson who nicely told them to leave him alone and said "Kevin is a great performer" and left it at that. Oh I was ticked off with TMZ, I left a few raging emails with them. lol But enough of that.

Yeah Frank was just great. Anyone catch the Whatnot at the end?

Best. WHAT. Ever.
I was cracking up like crazy. I think I might rewind that scene a few times, I taped it with my DVR so I can watch it again. :smile: Even Frank's expression when he said "WHAT?" lol Hilarous

I watched it as well. It was some great stuff; can't go wrong with Frank.
I knew as soon as I got the news, I just had to check it out. :smile: Frank rules!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah I was worried about that too. I know that TMZ stalked Tom Kenny voice actor legand for animation about it and even Brain Henson who nicely told them to leave him alone and said "Kevin is a great performer" and left it at that. Oh I was ticked off with TMZ, I left a few raging emails with them. lol But enough of that.

Yeah Frank was just great. Anyone catch the Whatnot at the end?
One think I wanted to mention was that on talk shows and stuff usually the host and guest talk about what's going to be asked most of the time before the show. I'm sure Frank said no just for respect of Kevin if it was brought up.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I loved how Frank slammed his hands on the table lol I want a blu-ray player so I can get that Little Shop of Horrors Blu-Ray and of course all the other ones as well. Muppet Christmas Carol is coming to Blu-ray or it just did, totally on my Christmas want list. :smile: