Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
TMZ clearly caught Tom Kenny off guard. Not surprising.
Yeah that ended up being pretty pointless, lol. Though I did like his answer. Adults in general have added responsibility towards children, not just child entertainers, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, I love Tom Kenny, he's one of the greats of our time, like a modern-day Mel Blanc, but I don't see the connection between him and the Muppets or SST, am I missing something? Why are they asking him for opinions?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey, I love Tom Kenny, he's one of the greats of our time, like a modern-day Mel Blanc, but I don't see the connection between him and the Muppets or SST, am I missing something? Why are they asking him for opinions?
Because he's also someone who works in the children's entertainment field, whose character became very high profile. But yeah ultimately the connection was a stretch. Fellow voice actors would probably know each other but puppeteers are a different profession.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Because he's also someone who works in the children's entertainment field, whose character became very high profile. But yeah ultimately the connection was a stretch. Fellow voice actors would probably know each other but puppeteers are a different profession.
And I doubt TMZ knows the difference (the video description refers to Kevin as one of Tom's "fellow voice actors"). But in fairness, they're not the first.

mupcollector1

Reaction score

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
*Sigh* More people making videos on youtube in which they show off their attempts at imitating Elmo's voice. And they say that they can "replace" Kevin.

Okay, I've said this before, I'll say it again. Whomever is in charge of this matter isn't going to hold auditions, and grab some random person they never even met.

What will most likely happen is Kevin will name the new performer himself (or maybe he already has, I don't know).

Besides that, people are only caring about the voice. The performers are puppeteers, not voice actors. Voice is only about 10% of the performances.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
*Sigh* More people making videos on youtube in which they show off their attempts at imitating Elmo's voice. And they say that they can "replace" Kevin.

Okay, I've said this before, I'll say it again. Whomever is in charge of this matter isn't going to hold auditions, and grab some random person they never even met.

What will most likely happen is Kevin will name the new performer himself (or maybe he already has, I don't know).

Besides that, people are only caring about the voice. The performers are puppeteers, not voice actors. Voice is only about 10% of the performances.

nicely put i myself haven't seen the videos but still ...

Status
Not open for further replies.