Yet again, Muppet Merch is MIA this Holiday Season:(

beaker

Reaction score
DrTooth: Its so true. How come the BEST Disney movies(Up, Fantasia 2000, Emperors New Groove, etc) get the LEAST amount of merch. At least Wreck it Ralph has a lot of cool toys, even if they have zero licenced characters(c'mon, no Qbert plush? He was one of the main characters!!!)

It's like you guys are completely ignoring the HUGE market saturation of... Muppet Band-Aids. :stick_out_tongue:
Oh goodness, you're right. Muppet bandaids, Muppet shaped rubber bands. Muppet
orthopedic support and Muppet shoelaces. It's a MUPPET MERCH AVALANCHE!!!
(just kidding on the Muppet orthopedic support)

Yes, there's the butt ugly Wallgreens dolls. The amazing Funko oddball figures and the even more amazing Toys R Us plushes. And the Fozzie Halmark ornament. But it's barely a registered trickle.

Again, when I made a post like this a year ago the answer was "Disney just wants to see if theres a public interest in the film". Well there was. A year later...

Mark Johns

Reaction score
What does Wal-Mart have?
Walmart had Muppets bedding. Sheets, pillowcases, blankets and a comforter.Again, it's not like there is a ton of stuff, but I have spent hundreds of dollars over the past few months on new Muppet merchandise. So to say there is close to nothing, just isn't true. I also got some new boxers and PJs at kmart just yesterday.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh goodness, you're right. Muppet bandaids, Muppet shaped rubber bands. Muppet
orthopedic support and Muppet shoelaces. It's a MUPPET MERCH AVALANCHE!!!
(just kidding on the Muppet orthopedic support)
Yeah, that stuff is alright, but that's far end of the scale stuff that would look better if there was more of a character saturation in other stores. I do like that there's homegoods and bandaids, and that's a good start. But it almost seems Disney is sort of ignoring the fact that Muppet merchandise moves. When they had the dollar school supplies at Target, they kept disappearing behind the retro fifties Spam stuff. Disney knows it has a hit, and there should be a little more stuff here and there.\

But still, it's a Cars like avalanche of merchandise compared to Emperor's new Groove. At least I have all the McDonalds toys and one of the European ones that were far superior.

beaker

Reaction score
So Xmas is right around the corner...any news of new merch?