Monday Post Production

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Wow!
I thought Link was going to be an issue...
Not likely!

But all these bad to good things you make happen...

You're up to something Gina...

MORE PLEASE!!
MORE SCRIPT!!!
Well, you knew there would be some opposition.

Up to something? Why on earth would you think that? :big_grin:

Misskermie

Reaction score
OMG STAR WARS REFRENCES!!!

You like Star Wars a lot don't you?
:wink:

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this story! As a former Star Wars geek, I really like those references. I guess I don't have anything else to say... except maybe more please?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished reading the sixth part of ficdom. There's good stuff in here. The opening establishing shots of Office Row, how the lot expanded, the arrival of director and writer on set, the attempted yet aborted protest outside the studio, even Kermit in costume helping secure Studio 9 at the end.

But there are a few things that need pointing out.
1 Their first movie, which Kermit had been writing during the last year of their show.
Er, you might want to check that. TMM came out in 1978/1979, the last year of TMS was Season 5 in 1980/1981, and TMM was referenced as the one movie Kermit had starred in either to Bob Hope in Season 2 of TMS or Roy Clark in Season 3 which still puts it ahead of when you have it referenced here.

2 The caters had set up breakfast, snacks, and desert.
:laugh: Oh boy.
Did you mean "caterers"?
And there are two "S's" in "dessert" which is sweet, as opposed to "desert" which has nothing but sand in it.
Which reminds me, it should be "the "O's" in Scooter's name."

3 It was one thing for her to sit in the famed director’s chair that her frog held, it was something else for him to bestow upon the coveted title that he himself had wheeled around for years to her.

Er, "bestowed upon" what? Or to whom?
And did you mean to say "wielded" instead of "wheeled"?

4 However, such as she was about to sit down for the first time in her very awesome director’s chair, Robin came running up to them both, slightly out of breath.

Er, should that be "just as she was about to sit down"?

5 Like Walter, Scooter hadn’t forseen the return of a teenaged frog and so hadn’t put a specific part in the script for him, however his return had come at just the right time.

Er, should that be "he hadn't written a part"?

6 You get extra brownie points for tieing this in with elements of 5 Ball.
*Hopes Motocross gets finished soon so we can get back to Mandy in her newest 4 Ball story.

7 “I’m really sorry for having a part for you in this. We hadn’t met you yet and…”
This... does... not compute.
Did you mean to say "sorry for "not" having a part for you"?

8 “And this how you all feel, right?”
Did you mean "And this "is" how you all feel, right?"

9 Of course :fanatic: is very efficient Scoot, you trained him that way.
*Understands his reserved resentment at the thought of being replaced.
That reminds me, the word you're looking for is "chauffeur".

10 And just for good measure, here.
*Hands Gina a double fudge 1 cookie, starting off the annual December tradition.

*Skulks off to finally write own oneshot fic with the parade and the feast and the song I've been putting off.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Yes. Well done for The Count!
Fixing your mistakes.
(I think... I usually miss these things...)

Well Gina, I give to you, this offering.

*BANANA MUFFIN! PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCoLATE!*

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Just finished reading the sixth part of ficdom. There's good stuff in here. The opening establishing shots of Office Row, how the lot expanded, the arrival of director and writer on set, the attempted yet aborted protest outside the studio, even Kermit in costume helping secure Studio 9 at the end.
Thank you! You have no idea what I had to do to find out about Studio 9 at MGM, which is nowSony or Disney or something. I figured that Kermit wouldn't know what to call it either.

However, I did learn a lot about my favorite classics series, The Thin Man

But there are a few things that need pointing out.
1 Their first movie, which Kermit had been writing during the last year of their show.
Er, you might want to check that. TMM came out in 1978/1979, the last year of TMS was Season 5 in 1980/1981, and TMM was referenced as the one movie Kermit had starred in either to Bob Hope in Season 2 of TMS or Roy Clark in Season 3 which still puts it ahead of when you have it referenced here.
That I almost knew was wrong for some reason and probably because I keep thinking that TMM came out much later after the show. In that regards, I blame my mother, who tells me she took me to movies that I barely remember and while I'm pretty sure I probably did see the Muppet Movie in theaters, I was probably like a month old.

2 The caters had set up breakfast, snacks, and desert.
:laugh: Oh boy.
Did you mean "caterers"?
And there are two "S's" in "dessert" which is sweet, as opposed to "desert" which has nothing but sand in it.
Which reminds me, it should be "the "O's" in Scooter's name."
Ha! Shows what you know! I did mean desert! Cause they are all in the desert! Ha ha!

No, really, you're right, that was a typo. And you know, I did put an apostrophe between the O and s and Word dinged me for it, so I changed it. Gah, it's like I can't trust Windows anymore.

3 It was one thing for her to sit in the famed director’s chair that her frog held, it was something else for him to bestow upon the coveted title that he himself had wheeled around for years to her.

Er, "bestowed upon" what? Or to whom?
And did you mean to say "wielded" instead of "wheeled"?
The first is correct, because Kermit was bestowing the "coveted title" of director. It was meant as a the only person to have a director's chair was the director, which was/is Kermit, so the gesture of giving a director's chair to Piggy - with all the bells and whistles - meant he was passing the title on to her.

And I think I probably meant wielded.

4 However, such as she was about to sit down for the first time in her very awesome director’s chair, Robin came running up to them both, slightly out of breath.

Er, should that be "just as she was about to sit down"?
I noticed it just now, so it should be just.

5 Like Walter, Scooter hadn’t forseen the return of a teenaged frog and so hadn’t put a specific part in the script for him, however his return had come at just the right time.

Er, should that be "he hadn't written a part"?
Yes.

6 You get extra brownie points for tieing this in with elements of 5 Ball.
*Hopes Motocross gets finished soon so we can get back to Mandy in her newest 4 Ball story.
Ah yes, well that might come a bit later than anticipated, as I'm still working on that idea. However, with you saying that, the idea I had for Scooter's date is now solidified.

7 “I’m really sorry for having a part for you in this. We hadn’t met you yet and…”
This... does... not compute.
Did you mean to say "sorry for "not" having a part for you"?
Yes. As in, he's really sorry for NOT having a part.

8 “And this how you all feel, right?”
Did you mean "And this "is" how you all feel, right?"
Ugh...yes. Again.

9 Of course :fanatic: is very efficient Scoot, you trained him that way.
*Understands his reserved resentment at the thought of being replaced.
That reminds me, the word you're looking for is "chauffeur".
I'm seriously starting to wonder if Word is broken or something. I get more corrections on the forum than in the **** word processor.

But yes, Scooter's abandonment issues resurface and one day, I will actually get around to explaining that.

10 And just for good measure, here.
*Hands Gina a double fudge 1 cookie, starting off the annual December tradition.

*Skulks off to finally write own oneshot fic with the parade and the feast and the song I've been putting off.
Mini tanks, as I lurves cookies!

So, I'll be honest, I've been completely restless lately. I hate job searching, especially when it's so close to not only Christmas, but the end of my lease and yeah, the stress is rising. What does this have to do with anything? Simple - it means I keep putting off writing the actual movie story to accompany this.

I did start it however and I would like, at some point, to have it running along with this or something. I dunno. And the ideas! Oh gosh, the ideas. And the comedy! Oh man! Funny stuff! Fun-ny stuff.

Anyway...I was gonna say something and forgot. It was probably profound.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So, one, I has a job! It's part time and contracting, but I'm finally doing what I want, so let's all hope that I do it awesomely! :smile:

And now the bad news - no Monday update today.:cry:

I know. I really wanted to get something up today, but it's just not happening and I've got stuff to learn for the new job. I wanna aim for either later in the week or next week.

I did (am) toying around with the fact that, should I not have a Monday update, I instead have a movie update. You know which I mean. Yes friends, I've started the movie version of this little fic so you will have an equal chance of seeing either Monday Post Production or Murder Over My Muppets.

EDIT - wanted to say that Motocross is still on schedule and is headed into it's last two chapters

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good that Motocross is wrapping up, I needs your fics finished to add them.
*Leaves mug of hot chocolate.

Misskermie

Reaction score
WOO You gotta job! Congrats!

*Leaves congratulatory muffin*