Sesame Street introduces the National Children's Museum

SSLFan

Reaction score

Say, uh...has Big Bird gotten 'shorter' over the years to anyone? The height difference between him and Grover in this video is not that far apart.

cjd874

Reaction score
LOL this is great. Caroll's performing Big Bird here, and they even used the old-school ending music at 1:39.
Also, Big Bird might seem shorter because, you know, Caroll has aged and I don't think he can hold his arm up as high as he used to. Or maybe he is sitting on a stool or chair while performing only the top half of BB. I do agree that BB looks about 7' tall, not his usual 8'2".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, Big Bird might seem shorter because, you know, Caroll has aged and I don't think he can hold his arm up as high as he used to. Or maybe he is sitting on a stool or chair while performing only the top half of BB. I do agree that BB looks about 7' tall, not his usual 8'2".
I'd say it's the opposite. Looks like they put Grover and the chicken on some sort of platform on level with Big Bird so they'd be perfectly framed for the video presentation. If they taped it normally, Grover would be too low, and we'd only see him from the neck up, of anything. It wouldn't look that good.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Caroll is sitting down. In recent years, I've noticed that Caroll while in Big Bird has become a bit stiffer when he's standing up performing the bird, not that stiff but he has certainly slowed down a bit. When he's sitting down, he's much more animated and fluid with Big Bird, as he is here. Just the man getting older, nothing too big.