Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That is definitely Kath Soucie! It's hard not to distinguish her voice work, especially the laughs she gives her characters. I always have her voice and laugh in the back of my mind whenever I think of Julie Squirrel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You mean ActiMates, right? They're was something that actually came before that called TV Teddy, which is pretty much the spiritual successor to Teddy Ruxpin.
Except Actimates were MUCH more expensive and the line was designed with clear delusions of grandeur. They were meant for bigger things that never ever came to because they were too darn expensive for such a specific task... interacting ONLY with Arthur episodes and specific games. Marc spoke about those with such disdain. Personally, I liked Hasbro's action-ish figure line, but never got any of them. Except for Camping Arthur. And they never made Bionic Bunny, which was a waste if you ask me. Not to mention how hard those were to find.

I'm glad it wound up on PBS in the end. Imagine all the executive meddling it would go through on other networks.
I can only imagine that they were trying to get the series done in the 80's, and it would have ended up as a warmed over Get Along Gang knockoff. Plus, PBS gave it a LOT of longevity. A lot of shows on PBS get that sort of treatment, actually. It can be a good or bad thing, really.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is Lydia the Wheelchair character? I dunno... I'm mixed about it. She's better than most Wheelchair characters, but at the same time she has that annoying Lola Bunny quality to her. Being an equal, yet superior to Brain, that is. Yet more episode appearances could give the character much needed development.

Personally, I wanna see Ratburn's sister make a comeback. Maybe as a substitute for D.W.'s Kindergarten teacher.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
She does need development, but I was impressed with how accurately the subject was dealt with.
Uncle Fred was great. I could relate to his clumsiness.
I don't think DW would have no patience with Ratburn's sis. That would be funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think DW would have no patience with Ratburn's sis. That would be funny.
I dunno... she likes Mary Moo Cow, and it's essentially the same thing.

What I want to see is her deal with the Tibbles. THAT'S an episode right there.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
LOL. I wonder how they'll be as adults. Either criminals or geniuses. Or criminal geniuses.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
AWESOME!
Though I don't remember ever hearing the saxophone overtone in Cue #2.
It was used in a few episodes. One that comes to mind is the cheating montage from the "No Guessing" episode.

Ignatz

Reaction score
Just watched some of the new season, has the animation changed? It apears more clunky then previous seasons and the fantasy seasons which were usually where the show expelled seem to have become more downplayed to fit into the animation.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just watched some of the new season, has the animation changed? It apears more clunky then previous seasons and the fantasy seasons which were usually where the show expelled seem to have become more downplayed to fit into the animation.
Arthur is now animated with Flash. Not particularly well, I might add. Not to hate on Flash. Some Flash shows are actually very well done (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, for instance).