Your Muppet mistakes

snichols1973

Reaction score
Back when I was young and watched Fraggle Rock during its first run on HBO, I used to think that the name of Gobo's uncle was "Traveling Mac", instead of "Traveling Matt"....

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Back when I was young and watched Fraggle Rock during its first run on HBO, I used to think that the name of Gobo's uncle was "Traveling Mac", instead of "Traveling Matt"....
I could bnot say Gobo's Uncle name right either and I called him, "Mark" instead of "Matt." Boy, nostalga just always comes back to me.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Um... I think you used nostalgia in the wrong context...
I think she's saying that when she was a kid, she always called him "Uncle Mark". That just so happened to really bring back memories of watching FR when she was a kid.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Oh... ok. I was a bit confused. Sometimes its hard to understand what people are saying on the internet. :wink:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Bah to Wikipedia when it comes to Muppets...
Whoever wrote the Wikipedia article for "Muppet Treasure Island" has some of the worst grammar (a lot of redundancy, a frequent absence of periods and commas, and what's up with constantly capitalizing "island" and "treasure map"? Not to mention a large share of "every day" grammar, as opposed to "proper" grammar) . I'm editing it right now. No idea why (possibly the Grammar Nazi in me?). As you said, we have a much better Wikia around.