Now what's going on with YouTube?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This is a dumb question, but you are looking at it in list format right?

Sometimes, they don't affect me at all and I just sit and wonder why everyone is celebrating that an update was reversed when I saw nothing different...

Well, I AM a demon. I do have connections :stick_out_tongue:

But seriously, I have no idea. I would think because my username is so high in the alphabet I'd be one of the first or something. I did get an alert asking/demanding me to change my username to my real name though. I declined :/

buttons

Reaction score
Well, I got a warning because I had karaoke with other voices and mine for using owned content. I made an Avenue Q karaoke (and put the other characters in the background so I could sing Kate). How is it that there are so many other videos with owned content and they are fine?

And I don't like the whole google log in thing.

There's always vimeo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think it really depends on who exactly owns the song... WMG seems to especially hate whenever people post songs they own, even if they're karaoke versions, but others such as UMG might slap you with matched third party at best.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the people issuing these complaints are usually bots and youtube does not look into the complaint, they just put a warning on you. I know that doesn't really answer your question, but I thought I'd mention it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I changed to my real name on my official JosephScarbrough channel, but I'm not doing the same with my GroverKent channel. I don't need to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay... WHY did YT remove the basic statistics numbers for each of the videos listed in our playlists (number of views, likes, dislikes, comments)? That really makes no sense.
Well, those little basic statistics returned for like five minutes, and now they're gone again. :rolleyes:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
WHY, GOOGLE, WHY?!?!

They changed the way images are displayed in search again!

When you mouse over the image, it shows the website and the size...ok, fair enough...

but when you click on an image it shows a big obnoxious box with the image displayed...and links to either view the image directly or the website.

Now, while I absolutely hate the huge, gray box that appears, i do actually like that it gives you the option of just viewing the image without ever going to the website.

But really, they could have done it in a less ugly way

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I find that incredibly annoying as well; not only that, but it also abolishes two very useful features that Google Images had: "Similar" and "More sizes". :smirk: