Sesame Song about Pockets

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the person pouring juice in his pocket was a middle aged man and it was a boy combing his hair.

truth66

Reaction score
Pockets Song Musical Style

Question? What was the musical styling of the "Pockets" song? I seem to remember the song was silly, but what was the actual style of the song? For example, was it vaudvillian or something like that?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing Marilyn or the kid anywhere else in the song, but the "tomato juice guy" also appears near the beginning, spilling an armful of oranges.

The musical style was more of Raposo's style, with a comical feel to it. (With whining and low-sounding trumpets [or was one a clarinet?], and a banjo.)

Mister Fred

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
I don't remember seeing Marilyn or the kid anywhere else in the song, but the "tomato juice guy" also appears near the beginning, spilling an armful of oranges.

The musical style was more of Raposo's style, with a comical feel to it. (With whining and low-sounding trumpets [or was one a clarinet?], and a banjo.)
I think a clarinet was in the music now that you mention it especially at the very beginning of the song with the first scene with the woman wearing the tan jacket before Marilyn starts singing. I always remember the clarinet playing after she sings "What do we do without pockets?" I don't remember hearing a banjo in the music. There were whining & low sounding trumpets.

I was curious about the tomato juice guy and the boy cause I don't remember seeing anyones face in most of the scenes. Was the tomato juice guy wearing a flannel shirt or what was he wearing? What scenes do you remember in order MupetDude?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Maybe it'd be easier if I sent the clip out to you guys. :big_grin:

Mister Fred

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Maybe it'd be easier if I sent the clip out to you guys. :big_grin:
That sounds good MupetDude. I have been wanting this clip for along time but the only thing I have to trade is ss video all about numbers. The bits & pieces I remember from this clip have been stuck in my head for years. Send me a private message if you want to trade. Just curious what scenes you remembered from this clip.

Pockets 8

Reaction score
Truth 66, Sorry I have not been on here for quite awhile cause I had NO INTERNET OR EMAIL until just a year or 2 ago.

Go to your local walmart or target and get Sesame Street Old School Volume 2. Go to episode 796 on disc 2. Our favorite clip we have been looking for is on there- "POCKETS". Before getting old school volume 2, I found "Pockets" on you tube and I was wrong on the lyrics (who ever posted them on this thread is right and I do apploigize) and the scenes were all scrambled in my head from when I was a kid. A cousin of mine remembers "Pockets" and she loves to sing along with it just like our moms did with us. I showed the old school vol.2 dvd to my grandma and we watched "Pockets". She just laughed about the man at the end pouring tomato juice in his shirt pocket. She too has a pair of overalls and that day she had them on! Whenever I wear my overalls I sing "Pockets" all the time and watch it alot. I hope you enjoy it too! Hurry, get old school volume2!

Pockets 8

Reaction score
I recently watched this song/clip with my old day care sitter. Oh did it bring back memories. I wore overalls and she picked out a long sleeve denim shirt she wanted me to wear with them. She picked out for herself clothing with pockets to wear. We watched bits of Sesame Street old school volume 2 then got to the episode that "pockets" is on. We enjoyed watching it and she started singing it too.