The Next Palisades Playset - Your Choice ?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Fozzie

(If we get more MTI figures, obviously)
If we were able to get them all, the order "I" would go in would be
Muppet Theater
Backstage
Vet's Hospital
Bear on Patrol
Hispanola
That the same with me too Kevin!

The Muppet Theater and the backstage pull my strings, but i go with the theater because theres no backstage if there isn't a stage, the set would feel more compleate IMO, the theater would be cool for all kinds of things, i know a lot of facts have changed since the old "ask Ken messages" as Ken asked don't think of anything delux or anything, just one playset.

VH's figs could be made with out a playset,but i would cry :sympathy: as like BOP Fozzie, if he's set as an Ex, there is little chance of a playset then, if it came out it would have to come with the main character Fozzie i would think. but as long as we Get Dr. Bob and nurse Janice and Piggy it would be alright, but i really do hope for a VH set.

I kinda want to sink the ship on the Hispanola idea unless the line goes after 2005.

Zack)Rowlf the, we should all bow down to Sarah, Dog.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
I'm going to vote for the Backstage set for a couple of reasons.

First, all of the other playsets are like extensions of the actual Theater stage. As far as I'm concerned, they're already on the main stage. On the show, you usually didn't see beyond such onstage skit sets as Pigs In Space, or Muppet Labs anyway.

Second, there is no other playset where the entire line of figures, regardless of their costume or movie/show/skit origins, would ALL be completely at home in at once other than the Backstage playset. From Samuel Arrow to Beauregard to Rizzo the Rat. It's the place where every character gathered and interacted with the other Muppets, either entering or exiting, whether in specific costumes or not. Anything that usually would have happened on stage, almost always happened, continued or concluded backstage as opposed to the reverse.

Third, I built my own Backstage. It's a lot of fun! And to me is the ultimate universal Muppet figure display set where all the figures and accessories come together.

It would be super to see an official Palisades Backstage set. :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
For usage reasons, I would have to say the Backstage, followed closely by Vet's Hospital.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Foreignman

Reaction score
*Enters voting booth... Looks at choices on ballot... Punches out hole next to backstage playset with extreme determination... Accidentally votes for Ralph Nader...*

Luke

Reaction score
Actually y'know - after Supergrover's post and going and looking back at what he achieved there, my mind is kinda swaying towards the Backstage Playset too now. Originally I had thought the Theatre, because the plans for it were pretty grand and i still think it (and the curtains, arches etc) is probably the most recognised symbol of the actual show to casual fans and hardcores alike - but from the point of what i think fits better with the rest of the line, what it would be incomplete without,and what Palisades would be able to achieve in terms of look, interactivity and playability i think the backstage would be the best and most logical choice. Especially as it might not mean them having to practically walk on water to make the thing like they would with the Theatre. I don't think the backstage is going to be as recognisable in retail stores as the Theatre though - that would have had instant visual recognition and appeal to a wider group of people.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Backstage.

Theatre: No, because in reality, it'd just be a big empty stage... boring.

Vets Hospital: would have more "playability" but the backstage has more familiarity to it...

Hispanola: Would a disappointment no matter what. They couldn't make a ship big enough for these figures.

EM Bus: This would be my vote, but it's already been scrapped.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I wonder if they could do the cardboard stage idea and sell it off the site? Warrick posted a really cool pic of the stage for the Muppet show Mc Doanlds toys.

the Backstage like i said has been pulling my strings, and it really would have that classic muppet feeling, i just wonder what would lie behind the dressing rooms doors and such as if large figs like Fozzie or Piggy could fit threw the doors?

Zack)Rowlf the, we should all bow down to Sarah for only a few more hours and then i have to write the weird thing Scooter whats me to write for a week
:rolleyes: Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
In that case you could really just make your own cardboard stage. I am making one myself. It's pretty simple to do and I don't think it's worthy of Palisades to make a cheap version. It certainly won't help if they decide to make a real version down the line. :concern:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
It was just a thought, i figured Palisades would make it all pretty and shinny, Of coures i only ment it if only one playset is left after the swine trek and the line was going to end without a stage.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
It's pretty simple to do and I don't think it's worthy of Palisades to make a cheap version.
I agree that it isn't good for Palisades to make a cheaper version of something they do plan to make at a later date but i am FULLY behind the idea of a cardboard mail-in playset - except Zack was mistaken, it was the Muppet Show Arches, not the stage which was done for McDonalds in the UK and it looks fantastic. I'd really love a Palisades version of that, and it'd be a cool gimmick for people to display the figures in their rooms.

I remember mentioning the idea of a mail in with Ken in his thread a while back because Palisades have this printed leaflet being packed in with the figures in S4 or S5 i think and he said it'd be too expensive to make another lot of them advertising a promotion but it would should be possible for them to pack a black and white flyer in with the figures if they were to do a mail in. You'd get people buying a figure to get the flyer order form you needed to send in, paying a nominal price for the Arches playset, and then also have the opportunity to send them tons of advertising matierial at their own expense and directly to the target consumer advertising the collectors club and other figures in the line that they might not know about. It'd be an excellent PR and Marketing opportunity !

I remember in the height of the Transformers craze, Hasbro/Mattel sold a cardboard playset called 'S.T.A.R.S'.through the mail, it was pretty nifty and they were bombarded with requests for them.