The New Muppet Show Main Characters/Puppetters

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I know Jerry did Camilla, but I think that Karen should do Skeeter and Camilla would give her another character

WiGgY

Reaction score
You can't do that to poor Jerry. Most have already given Statler to Steve. Jerry created Camillia. Maybe Karen could try Janice or even just random background characters. I mean, what main characters did she do on the Muppet Show?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Maybe Karen could try Janice or even just random background characters. I mean, what main characters did she do on the Muppet Show?
Gaffer (the cat backstage)

Yes, that is the best I can come up with.

Beauregard

Reaction score
And it was Louise Gold who did Annie Sue Pig too.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
1) If Dialog was looped, why didn't Eric perform Sam? I'd imagine he'd do a good job at it.

2) WHAT?!?!? So my fave character is going to be a background filler again?????
1) I would imagine either his schedule was tight, they didn't need another puppeteer on set, or they just wanted to pay him as a voice actor and not a puppeteer.

2) Eric Jacobson can probably do Dr Teeth, his range is similar to John's and anyway, nothings to say John wouldn't be asked to do Dr Teeth again. I'm sure they have someone who could do him.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I think anybody can perform Camilla since all she does is cluck, but I see what your saying. If they're going to take Statler away from Jerry, he should bring back his original characters. I'd really like to see more of :sing: . Eric as Dr. Teeth? Hmmm. That's food for thought, but has he ever did a non-Frank Oz character. I thought I read somewhere that John was his official performer. I still think Brian's Janice needs work. Maybe it would be better if she were performed by someone else. I've been thinking about this. What other Muppateers do we have? There's Bill Barretta, we know he can do a Cuban accent for Pepe, but can he do a Valley Girl accent for Janice? Maybe Steve is a possibility. After all, he really is great at replacing a lot of characters. (Ex: Kermit, Statler, Beaker) We'll have to see how things turn out with the new show.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Tooth,

They call John in when they need him, He isnt always there or on a contract.

so whenever they feel they need Dr. Teeth they'll just call John, Unless they wanna go cheap and just use Bill.

I dont think Eric could do Teeth.

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
You don't think Eric could do Teeth ? If he and John can both do Fozzie and Piggy then how could their ranges be so different that he couldn't do Teeth ? I know you are right Warrick, i don't understand this puppetry schmoo much.

Daffyfan2003 :- The only characters with official performers are the ones by Dave, Steve, Frank/Eric, Bill and Jerry. The rest of it just gets divided up by who can do what and who is available for each project. If it all possible, i would guess they use people they already have on staff and as Warrick said, if not they call someone in freelance.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I think John Kennedy should do Dr Teeth full time... From the little we've heard of him, his Teeth sounds better than Barreta's Rowlf. I kind of feel bad that he's always the fill-in puppeteer, he should be able to become more prominent. Besides, Bill has plenty of characters, Dr Teeth will never have lines if he's doing Pepe, Bobo, Johnny, Howard, Rowlf, and whatever other new characters he comes up with. On another note, hopefully the reluctant Brian Henson becomes more prominent with Scooter and Janice.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by pezbalubah
I think John Kennedy should do Dr Teeth full time... From the little we've heard of him, his Teeth sounds better than Barreta's Rowlf. I kind of feel bad that he's always the fill-in puppeteer, he should be able to become more prominent. Besides, Bill has plenty of characters, Dr Teeth will never have lines if he's doing Pepe, Bobo, Johnny, Howard, Rowlf, and whatever other new characters he comes up with.
i agree with you 100%. i don't like the idea of having characters just be assigned to different performers when they need to do a character like dr. teeth. bill has to many characters and his main character, pepe, is overused just because he is easy to write for and none of his other characters have as much screen time. i like pepe, but it's like an easy way out for the writers to write for pepe and not for an older character like rowlf. besides, if they let bill do dr. teeth, more than likely he'll have few lines at best in future projects. they should stick with john and let him do the good doctor. i would love more interaction between him, rowlf, and kermit if 3 different perfomers did the characters. no need to assign bill any more stuff to do. no offense. and i think eric should stick with piggy, fozzie, and animal. the more performers there are with different characters, the more interaction between characters that wouldn't have worked 20 years ago like rowlf talking to kermit etc.

ryan