The New Muppet Show Main Characters/Puppetters

WiGgY

Reaction score
John should be hired for Dr. Teeth and Rowlf I think, or at least as a Rowlf alternate. And of course they could use as many puppetters as possible for a show with so many background characters running around.

Brian HAS to come back as a regular performer. His Scooter is pretty darn goos and Sla is great with Jonny. Unless Steve can take on Scooter, we need Brian.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think anyones saying people like Brian or John aren't doing the characters people are talking about - just that they aren't employed as puppeteers by Henson in the same way Steve or Bill are. Obviously Brian still has close links with JHC and has offices there, and John if he's free could always be hired in to do the characters he can do when they know theres work for the Muppets.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
John should be hired for Dr. Teeth and Rowlf I think, or at least as a Rowlf alternate. And of course they could use as many puppetters as possible for a show with so many background characters running around.

Brian HAS to come back as a regular performer. His Scooter is pretty darn goos and Sla is great with Jonny. Unless Steve can take on Scooter, we need Brian.
Steve playing Scooter might not be the best idea, because then he wouldn't be able to interact with Kermit very often. The interaction between those two was made famous on the original Muppet Show. We don't want to lose that.

WiGgY

Reaction score
True, but it's better than no Scooter if Brian isn't part of the new show.

I just hope they don't replace characters with others like they did in Muppets Tonight. Rizzo basically became Scooter with attitude, Bobo became Pops, Dr. Phil became Bunsen with attitude, Clifford became part of Kermit and Nigel became another part of Kermit. it's like they split Kermit's nice host side from his upset crazy backstage side and got Clifford and Nigel. (for those who didn't see MT, this Nigel isn't the same guy as the conductor. This Nigel was furry, green, and had a long nose.)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I remember "Muppets Tonight," but I don't remember the Nigel from that show. This is another reason I wish we had reruns of that.

:smile: :embarrassed: :mad: (Just trying to kill time while waiting 120 seconds. You know we need smilies of Muppets Tonight characters such as Clifford, Bobo, Dr. Phil, etc.)

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I think that whoever does the characters, we'll have them, and that's what counts.

Of course, that's if this project ends up happening at all. It's been stalled for so long, I'll look for it when (if) I see it coming.

Of, course, that's what I said about the "Facts of Life" reunion TV-movie, too, and it eventually happened.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Right now I look at the potential new muppet the same way I looked at Ghostbusters 3 when I first heard about it. I'm excited and waiting for the day I can see it. I mean, both were annouced around the time of their respective aniversaries, both have all this news and no results. Once the new season of fall 2003 starts, I will start to tell myself, "Wait till the mid season replacements." Then if no new show comes on, I'll give up and hopefully move on.

I have it all worked out. :big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I was waiting for a Ghostbusters 3 too. Maybe they should combine them. They should introduce the new Muppet Show with a two hour TV movie. "The Muppets meet the Ghostbusters." That would be cool. Setting: The Muppet theater is haunted. Kermit calls the Ghostbusters, but they have recently retired. Then Fozzie buys Ghostbusting suits for all the Muppets and decides they should bust the ghosts themselves. (Pepe: This freaky looking jumpsuit is not my look, okay.) Of course then the usual Muppet chaos happens. Eventually Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd and the rest of the gang from the Ghostbusters movies show up to give them a hand. Gosh, I've got to make a transcript of this. I'm sure you'd all fall down laughing. By the way, speaking of Ghostbusters, you should read my last post in the "Things They'd Never Say" thread. It's freakin' hilarious.

Okay, I've gotten totally off subject here. Blame Wiggy for that. He got me started on the Ghostbusters. Lol.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i'm a little upset that in the muppet christmas movie that came out back in novemeber that dr. teeth and the electirc mayhem didn't have more of a bigger part. again the writers find the easiest way out and give a lot of lines to pepe, althought it was mostly about kermit. however, i think john needs to be kept as dr. teeth's performer and hopefully do a heck of al lot more with the character. but like i said, it's all up to the writers..but more than likely if the new muppet show comes on, it's going to be a lot of pepe and not enough of dr. teeth and the electric mayhem; not unless people start writing henson and demand they show more of the electric mayhem..

ryan