What do you think about a Muppet Theme Park?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I would totally go on a Pigs In Space ride. A Fraggle Rock ride, or some kind of exhibit, would be EPIC!

12Medbe

Reaction score
Would be fun for a Muppet Theme Park. Muppet Building Kiosks would be a fantastic feature.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
If they would open up a Muppet theme park I would probably move just to be near the park!!

12Medbe

Reaction score
If they would open up a Muppet theme park I would probably move just to be near the park!!
I'd build a house across the street from the park, the house would have a basement with a walkway that goes under the park and then up the stairs behind a ride. Wallah, free admission! haha.

beaker

Reaction score
Holy threadcromancing Batman! Also whatever happened to Sarah Yzma? She used to post all the time back in the day

Anyways a Muppet theme park...aww, how that takes me back to 1991 when such notions with Disney were still possible

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I love these ideas,and
As awesome as all these ideas are, unfortunately the Henson Company is not in a position to bring any of these dreams to light right now. The ideal time probably would have been 1982 or so. Maybe someday the Muppets will have more of a presence in the theme parks. Valentine once worked for Disney and is still real chummy with them, so if he ends up with co-ownership, there's a possibility that their presence at the Disney parks might increase.

If there WERE a Muppet theme park, I'd have it split into different sections. You know how Disney World is split into four sections: Adventure Land, Fantasy Land, etc.? Well, the first section closest to the park's entrance would be Sesame Junction, featuring characters and attractions from SS. (Yes, I know there's already a Sesame Place. This is my fantasy, OK? :stick_out_tongue: ) The next section over would be Fraggle Square, featuring not only Fraggle Rock but also Bear in the Big Blue House, The Hoobs, The Secret Life of Toys, Emmett Otter's Creek, and attractions from other similar Henson productions. There would also be attractions based on Babe and some of the more lighthearted Creature Shop productions. The third section would be Muppet Land (or possibly Hensonville), where all of the TMS stuff resides. I like people's suggestions for a Pigs in Space Mountain and a live/animatronic Electric Mayhem show. I enjoy the idea of a Gonzo ride, though knowing him, I think I'd be too scared to go on it! (See quote below.) And also, anything Jim Hill ever wrote about could appear here. As you can see, we're appealing to an older audience as we move around the perimenter. The fourth and final section would be World of Fantasy, an entire world dedicated to Creature Shop creations. Walk through an actual Labyrinth. Thrill to the Voyage of the Dark Crystal ride. Enjoy the Storyteller's Live Show. Get your picture taken with Ludo. There would also be representations from other productions the Creature Shop has done for other companies. I also love the idea of a Happiness Hotel right by the park.

So anyway, that's my dream. Are you all drooling yet? :big_grin: :wink:

That's similar to what I would have imagined! I would want more than just Muppets. How about some Dionosaurs as well? You coulod make a greeting area, and a tour of Pangea, where a Swamp Monster chases you angrily!

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Holy moly, it literally makes my chest hurt thinking about what could have been if Disneyworld/land and Jim Henson had actually done all they were planning to do, with the Muppet movie ride, etc.... Disney rides and Muppets are like, two of my most favorite things ever, and if the plans that Jim Hill writes about here had actually happened.... oh wow. *WISTFUL SIGH*

"So picture -- on one side of the soundstage -- a full-sized version of the U.S.S. Swinetrek. Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork and Piggy -- all dressed in spacesuits & wearing clear plastic helmets -- stand on the exterior of their spaceship, laser pistols blazing away. On the other side of the soundstage ... Well, picture a space-going Spanish Galleon. Covered with rats who are dressed as -- well -- space pirates. Striped bandanas tied around their heads, cutlasses in their teeth. Also with laser pistols a-blazing."
I'm going to have to try and draw that, I think. It's just TOO wonderful.

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
Aww that sounds all wonderful!!A muppet theme park with a huge muppet gift shop!!Great!!!