Questions about anything

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I know what FX is... what is FXX?
A spinoff network they made that is supposed to focus more on comedies. They moved The League and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia there, and I think that's where Jay Baruchel's (Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon) new show is. But they mostly air Simpsons reruns.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A spinoff network they made that is supposed to focus more on comedies. They moved The League and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia there, and I think that's where Jay Baruchel's (Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon) new show is. But they mostly air Simpsons reruns.
Can I say just how freaking thankful I am they didn't ship Archer over to FXX? It sucks that it's another case of one off channels that should be in the same cable package as the father network but isn't, like Disney XD. Especially since it has all those Simpsons episodes and FX just runs movies and Two and a Half Men all the time.

Oh yeah. Kate's almost a big a famewhore as the Kardashian clan. Even when you have the misfortune of seeing her give some kind of an interview or something, she seems to smug about wanting to keep herself in the public eye rather than try and take care of her eight kids.
She's worse than the Kardassmasters. She clearly only had a bunch of kids so she could use them to become famous. And the only ones watching want a train wreck. There are an awful lot of scripted, made by someone trainwrecks out there that don't add to the ego of some washed up loser that's only famous because someone said so. Why not take in a B-Movie or Battleship or something instead of giving her more fuel to endanger her kids for the sake of clinging onto a fading shred of celebrity she never deserved in the first place? In other words, we need to turn our backs on these people, not even talking about them, until they finally go away.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In other words, we need to turn our backs on these people, not even talking about them, until they finally go away.
There's just one problem: they never go away. Even when you think they've finally gone away, they find a way to come back. Like Paris Hilton: just when you think she's gone away, she comes back and tries to be relevant again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but the trick is to completely ignore them, especially when they make a bigger noise. If people are sick of these fame hungry nobodies, you ignore them harder and they tend to starve, get more and more desperate, and just disappear. It's not a quick process by any means.

Unfortunately, it's not like the case of celebrities who are celebrities for the right reasons that star in that one bad movie and automatically get shunned.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If you're a devout fan of a sports team, would that make you an athletic supporter?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
There's just one problem: they never go away. Even when you think they've finally gone away, they find a way to come back. Like Paris Hilton: just when you think she's gone away, she comes back and tries to be relevant again.
That reminds me, my mom was flipping around on the TV earlier and Sarah Palin was on Entertainment Tonight, talking about her new reality show on some obscure outdoors channel. I thought people had completely given up on her as anything other than a laughingstock, but no! They were asking her to expound on Hollywood's feelings on the military like she was some plugged-in source. Ugh.

Still can't believe she could have been in the second most important political spot in our country.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That reminds me, my mom was flipping around on the TV earlier and Sarah Palin was on Entertainment Tonight, talking about her new reality show on some obscure outdoors channel. I thought people had completely given up on her as anything other than a laughingstock, but no! They were asking her to expound on Hollywood's feelings on the military like she was some plugged-in source. Ugh.

Still can't believe she could have been in the second most important political spot in our country.
And have you ever noticed something? She has this flare in the way she talks; I'm not talking about the accent, I mean, she has this big, hammy way of talking, it's like she's stuck in high school dramatics club.

That said, I hope to God she's not going to run in 2016... Mitt Romney's already announced he's running; guess killing Big Bird's back on his agenda. :rolleyes:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Don't want to veer too far into the realm of politics, but I can't believe Mitt wants to do this again. He's ran for president twice, spending loads of cash and taking lots of time. Why subject yourself to the public scorn and the constant pandering to the public for a third time?