Questions about anything

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Don't you love it?

On a broader scale, it disturbs me seeing the violent extremes some people take if you oppose their viewpoints.

Trump has certainly put his foot in his mouth enough times over the past year. People have a right to protest, right to assembly, as protected by our Constitution. They do not have the right to incite riots, beat people up, destroy property, or attack police.
And trying to silence Trump supporters. You don't have to agree with the guy, and many don't. But you can't take away rights from others, (freedom of speech) those same rights you wouldn't want anyone to take away from you.

Today, of all days, might be a good time to remember what the Founding Fathers fought for.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I said before, the very fact that almost all of his rallies incite riots and violence is one of the clearest signs we have this guy should not be our next president.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I often hear that when writing a script, each page equals a minute. is this true, or is it just an estimate?

Because I've done a number of YouTube videos where my script lasted just one page but the videos lasted more (or less) then a minute. For many of my videos, I often say things that were not in the script, but I've also done some videos where I was reading my script on screen (depending on whether it would be natural to be reading on-screen) and it lasted more minutes than script pages).

Could it be that professionals type their scripts differently than how I do? I prefer to write my scripts with no spacing (my writing program automatically has a single spacing, but I always switch to no spacing)? Or could it be a difference in font or text size? Could it be that the majority of my YouTube videos only have me (though sometimes I do play multiple characters in one video, and sometimes they do interact), and when it's just one character, there's no reason to space things (while if there's multiple characters interacting, I can space things out more)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Many people say that one page equals one minute, but that's not always the case. Many half-hour shows today run 17-21 minutes, but it's possible for scripts to be up to 32 pages. My original script for my TECHNICOLOR DREAMS experimental film was about 15 pages, but the film itself ended up running 18 minutes; similarly, I wrote a spec script for an animated show that features two 11-minute segments in one episode - although I wrote for an 11-minute segment, I believe my script ended up being about 23 pages, I don't quite remember. A lot of it has to do with performances: how fast or how slow your performance, pacing, timing is, etc. That's why many shows and movies have what they call Script Supervisors; one of their jobs is to make sure the actors maintain continuity with the script in terms of their lines, their moods, and most importantly, their timing.

And yes, there is a professional standard way to write scripts, you can do some research on Google to help you out. The font must be Courier, at 12pt - always. However, since many computers nowadays don't have true Courier, but rather, Courier New, you can cheat a little by making it 11.5pt.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So how come on social media profiles like Facebook and even MySpace, there's always options to include what high school and college you went to, but not elementary or middle? I didn't go to college (and based on what some of my friends, and some people here at MC, have said, apparently I did myself a favor), and I was only in public high school for four weeks before I was pulled out and homeschooled up till I graduated.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Probably because elementary and middle arent considered like...'important' in terms of education. It's the same reason why resumes don't ask for them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:eek:

I knew all that junk about blue and yellow make green, and 2+2=4, and vowels are girl letters was all a big scam!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? When did Paul Ryan suddenly become like the Elvis of the Republican party? Why is he suddenly the party's go-to guy everything?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? When did Paul Ryan suddenly become like the Elvis of the Republican party? Why is he suddenly the party's go-to guy everything?
I think he's become the unofficial spokesperson of the party since he's the Speaker of the House and so many other prominent Republicans, especially those involved in the election process this year, have become toxic to the public.