New McDonalds Muppet toys in Australia!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi Satay Chicken, Its great to see yet another Australian on here. I couldnt agree with you more on these figures, I also was very excited to get something muppety for once here in Australia but I have been kind of disapointed with the quality, they vary soo much its not funny, you could get a good kermit or an unrecognisable one. They are indeed different to the UK ones no matter what anyone says, I have seen pictures and numerous differences are able to be seen, infact they are totally different, I thought they were the same for a while. The UK ones are better quality, some are wearing different clothes, the arms arent bendable with the UK ones though, I would give the bendable arms away anyday for a better quality toy. I think Rizzo is actually the best because I have seen a few that other people have and they are the same. I have seen some people with a really good sam eagle too but I got a dud.

$2.00AUD isnt much for these toys but when you get mutilated ones like they were selling, its a bit too much when it costs around $20.00AUD for the whole set.

I'm not whinging about them in any way, I am happy to have them all, im just saying that each individual figure varies in appearance and quality quite alot. And they are definately not as good as the UK ones.

:excited: :smile:

satay chicken

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. You can call me Chicken or Satay for short, or just plain Sarah if you like :smile:

drspy00 said:
I think Rizzo is actually the best because I have seen a few that other people have and they are the same.
Really? My Rizzo's head is too heavy for his little neck, so his head keeps falling backwards and won't stay upright :eek:

I was hoping that they would bring out a Pepe one, but no such luck. Guess I'll have to wait until series 5 of the figurines to come out until I can get my hands on some king prawn merchandise :rolleyes:

My local Warner Brothers store is now stocking series 3, as well as some left over from series 1 and 2. I almost freaked out when I saw the Swedish Chef playset :excited:

Then I had to remind myself that I'm almost 21 :embarrassed:

~~ Sarah

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I think the reason for no pepe is because he wasnt in the muppet show, hes a new member of the muppets though. I dont think the average mcdonalds eating non-muppet fan probably wouldnt know who pepe was. Even I didnt know of him til a while ago. Wasnt his first appearance in muppets tonight and muppets from space?

Dont worry about getting excited about those figures, I get really excited even at 17 at any muppet item these days. The chef playset I was so excited I had to get it straight away, I had been waiting so long.

Do you get your palisades figures from warner brothers store? I have been in one of those stores in Sydney and saw the series 1 figures quite a while ago but they really were quite a bit more expensive than the average price which is about $24.95 at all Electronics Boutique Stores. You should try looking in Electronics Boutique if you have one nearby, they have them round Australia and the world. They get the figures quite fast, and quite cheap.

:smile: :excited:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I just got this news about Henson programming in Australia, On the Disney Channel -

- The Muppet Show - Every Night
- Muppet Babies - Weekends at 6am
- The Ghost Of Faffner Hall - Every Morning at 3:30am
- Henson Specials every weekend at 2am

The Henson Specials may have stopped airing by now, but they did air Frog Prince, Dog City, Living With Dinosaurs, Hensons Place, Inside the Labyrinth, The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years and more.

There is also Bambaloo on the Seven Network.

So who is going to start taping, I need a trade and the UK and Oz are both PAL !

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Warrick said:
I just got this news about Henson programming in Australia, On the Disney Channel -

- The Muppet Show - Every Night
- Muppet Babies - Weekends at 6am
- The Ghost Of Faffner Hall - Every Morning at 3:30am
- Henson Specials every weekend at 2am

The Henson Specials may have stopped airing by now, but they did air Frog Prince, Dog City, Living With Dinosaurs, Hensons Place, Inside the Labyrinth, The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years and more.

There is also Bambaloo on the Seven Network.

So who is going to start taping, I need a trade and the UK and Oz are both PAL !
If only I had access to pay tv networks such as foxtel, I would probably need a better video recorder too.

:smile: