Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this yet, there's just too much to read. Anyways I was thinking about what will happen to some of Steves other characters. Kermits going to Matt and Statler is going to Peter. But what about Beaker, The Newsman, Lips, Foo Foo, and Link? Personally I think Link should be tried out by Peter given what his Statler sounds like. Foo Foo could probably be done by anyone. Maybe Bill could do The Newsman. Lips who knows. But the character that worries me the most is Beaker.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Beaker is probably going to be given to David Rudman knowing how he's done Richard's characters before hand.

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
To me Peters Statler from that Xfinity commercial sounded a little similar to Link.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Beaker will be back before we know it. He's too popular not to return ASAP.

The rest of them? They're such low priority characters that I doubt Disney will be in a rush to recast any of them. Lips is overrated anyway.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
To me Peters Statler from that Xfinity commercial sounded a little similar to Link.
Yeah. But he did seem to improve the voice for the WE day special. Now he did sound more like Richard's/Steve's Statler.

I don't think Beaker and Foo-Foo would be that hard to do. Link and Lips I have absolutely no idea. Maybe Bill Baretta as the Newsman, considering I always felt the Newsman sounded a bit like Rowlf to me.
One thing to keep in mind was that in MWOO Foo Foo was voiced by Alice Diennan-Whateverhername was. They could bring her back for Foo Foo or is she still working with the Muppets? I know she was recast by Jen Bernhardt as Mama Bear, but Sesame Street is a different story.