Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Why? He really is a nothing character that anyone could play. Even if he wasn't recast and just disappeared how many people outside of hardcore fans would even notice?
I know that anyone could play him (because he hardly ever speaks), but I still don't want him to be retired. And no, he's not the most popular character, and I definitely don't think he's overrated, either. If anything, Animal is overrated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never thought of lips as a member of the EM why even clifford has done more with the electric mayhem.
It's been so long I forgot all about Clifford.

Clifford was cool alright, but looking back on it now, I feel like he really didn't serve too much of a purpose either, other than to give Kevin Clash a signature character within the Classic Muppets - which is all well and good, but it seems like whenever a character is created specifically to give a performer something to do, that character just doesn't work in the long run; like when Annie Sue became Louise Gold's signature TMS character: she faded back into the background shortly afterwards. Matter of fact, in hindsight, Clifford seemed very much a product of 90s subculture - unless he could stay with the times like the rest of the EM was able to, I don't think I could have seen Clifford standing the test of time had the Muppets done better to stay in the public eye during the 2000s and New Tens.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Lips - a whole season and movie with the Electric Mayhem
Clifford - one TV special

Yup. That makes sense to me.
He spoke a lot more in that one special than Lips did in 20+ episodes and a movie...