Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know, honestly....

I was just listening to the song "Strange Things" from Toy Story, and I won't lie.... I think this song pretty much puts Steve as the Woody with the situation of his firing and how the other puppeteers feel.

Coincidence? I think not. :search:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Why? He really is a nothing character that anyone could play. Even if he wasn't recast and just disappeared how many people outside of hardcore fans would even notice?
Agreed. Lips hasn't uttered a word in 4 decades. There's no reason to recast him. Just have him pop up in the background every now and then. I seriously wish he had something to him, but all he ever did was say a couple lines in GMC and in the later TMS episodes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll add a penny's worth: I don't see the big deal about Lips either. Heck, I always saw him as sort of the Ringo of the Electric Mayhem - not that I dislike Ringo Starr, mind you, but I know a lot of Beatles fans say he added or contributed nothing to the group other than just being there, and that's how I see Lips: he's just there. All the other EM members have personalities, from Dr. Teeth's flamboyancy, to Floyd's chilled and laid back demeanor, to Janice being the valley girl who occasionally says more than she should at certain times, to Zoot being spaced out and absent minded, to Animal being . . . well, Animal. But Lips? I mean . . . Lips? Sure, he plays a mean trumpet, but what's his personality? What does he add to the group dynamic? When has he even spoken other than, "And me!" at the end of GMC?

Again, just my penny's worth.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'll add a penny's worth: I don't see the big deal about Lips either. Heck, I always saw him as sort of the Ringo of the Electric Mayhem - not that I dislike Ringo Starr, mind you, but I know a lot of Beatles fans say he added or contributed nothing to the group other than just being there, and that's how I see Lips: he's just there. All the other EM members have personalities, from Dr. Teeth's flamboyancy, to Floyd's chilled and laid back demeanor, to Janice being the valley girl who occasionally says more than she should at certain times, to Zoot being spaced out and absent minded, to Animal being . . . well, Animal. But Lips? I mean . . . Lips? Sure, he plays a mean trumpet, but what's his personality? What does he add to the group dynamic? When has he even spoken other than, "And me!" at the end of GMC?

Again, just my penny's worth.
Agreed. It's a shame because the puppet looked really good. But seriously, he has never said or done anything notable. He also shows up on & off. Like he was entirely absent from MTM, MTI, and MFS.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Lips is definitely underrated. I never really saw much to him except him being "The new guy" to The Electric Mayhem.

You could say he was like the Thomas of Regular Show..... You know, before his true colors were eventually revealed.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I never thought of lips as a member of the EM why even clifford has done more with the electric mayhem. But on the show (2015)he actually felt part of the group