And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

Censored

Reaction score
One thing that really gets my goat with the Friday after Thanksgiving is how people tend to "polarize" (no pun intended to Santa, his elves or reindeer) the seasonal debate into "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"; I decided on a new course: "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays" to be more all-inclusive.

Sadly, there will still be a number of buzzkilling Scrooges, Grinches and Meisterburgers out there: nevertheless, for those who choose not to celebrate the holiday and try to put a wet blanket on the season, for the naughty listers: "Bah humbug" and "brown reindeer coal" in your stockings...
Why not Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa sometimes? We only say those greetings to specific religions or cultures, yet we say Merry Christmas to the world.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Not everything is about winning. Republican or Democrat, voting for a rapist/abuser because you hope their administration or their vote will bring about one's idea of morality is, by definition, immoral. The Christians have a statement about this. It's called robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Censored

Reaction score
Not everything is about winning. Republican or Democrat, voting for a rapist/abuser because you hope their administration or their vote will bring about one's idea of morality is, by definition, immoral. The Christians have a statement about this. It's called robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Voting for a third party is just increasing the chances of one of the two major ones winning, usually the one who is the polar opposite of the values you're voting for with the 3rd party. Voting 3rd party is a worse cop out than not voting at all.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Daaaaw. I like this very much. And the hair. For the sake of y'all understanding the beautiful accuracy of this, I present you with a picture of me and my buddies from a few months ago. This is after some vodka, so I look a lil sleepy. :stick_out_tongue:
I’m assuming you are in the middle.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Welp, John Lasseter is not among the people stepping down due to sexual harassment allegations. Progressive or conservative, this one stings us all with the same amount of anger and disappointment.
I didn't know who that was, heh. So far it's not been anyone I'm especially invested in, but it is hard worrying about it. I know women need justice, believe me. But I can't say I'm feeling inspired by all this. Mostly just on edge and depressed.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Voting for a third party is just increasing the chances of one of the two major ones winning, usually the one who is the polar opposite of the values you're voting for with the 3rd party. Voting 3rd party is a worse cop out than not voting at all.
The real question is, if the progressive of the two candidates raped a woman or a child, would you still vote for them over the republican or a third party candidate in order to preserve that seat for the Democrats? My answer is heck no! That's been tested and proven in my life. How would you vote in that very real circumstance?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I didn't know who that was, heh. So far it's not been anyone I'm especially invested in, but it is hard worrying about it. I know women need justice, believe me. But I can't say I'm feeling inspired by all this. Mostly just on edge and depressed.
He's the Jim Henson or Walt Disney of the Pixar company. It's just, ouch! That one hurts.